It's Saturday and our last day at sea. We soaked up the sun's rays on our Serenity deck and really relaxed! We had to live it up knowing our trip was coming to a close. Curtis was a little more adventureous by filming himself on the water slide. It is funny! I wish you could see it. I tried uploading it but no luck :(
Here is a summary of our incredible cruise adventure!
My favorites:
Walking around the boat inside and out marveling with wonder at it's massiveness!
Do you see Chelsea and I, and I think Cynthia on the big screen. We were learning a dance on deck the previous night taught by one of our cruise hosts. For the day they were showing clips of it. Yay, we are famous! In the evenings we also had fun viewing the outdoor movie they had playing on the big screen where they served popcorn. It sort of felt like a drive in!
Our wonderful waiters that served us yummy smoothies with the umbrellas, and yummy dinners!

Wayan was an excellent waiter (top and bottom corner) from Indonesia. He carried a picture of his cute son that he left behind. He was a lot of fun and was a good dancer too! Jenny got right up there with him! Pio was our drink waiter from India. He had a beautiful fiance back home waiting for him. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to his thick accent as he called his nicknamed customers, "Coke Zeero"(Curtis), and "Coke"!(Will) I was never bored of it. He was my personal favorite and made us the most delicious smoothies and slushies like, strawberry, mango, pina colada, and miami vice. Mmmm. Delish!! We sure enjoyed slurpling them up at dinner. These workers that leave their families and homes behind for months at a time are sure good examples of having a happy and positive attitude in life. Pio always had a smile on his face and was always joking around. And they work hard with very long hours. They just must think that Americans are so rich. I always wonder how they are doing.
Ya gotta love the towel animals! Each night after we came back to our room before or after dinner, there would be a cute little friend to greet us. I liked the heart and the dog! I was always impressed with what a clean room we had. I never did see our room maids. They were like quick ninjas in the night. So magical! Where are they now when I have to clean up a big mess here at home?
An ultimate favorite, our special dinners! The dessert menu on the first night had creme brule as a choice. I was thrilled since I had never tried this before. Mmmm, ya, divine! See these
men, Graham and Will (top right) who ordered 3 each. Go boys go! I think they both got through all 3 servings!
We mixed up one of the evenings with a guys and girls table. All of us made sure we sat with each couple. On another night we were lead to swing our napkins around. It looks like Jenny might have been hit. Hilarious! During dessert we enjoyed the announcer with his accent saying, "It's show tieeme...Shooooh Tieme!" Then music and dancing by the waiters would follow. Oh such special memories!
Look at this scrumptious food!
We got to try lobster, alligator, duck, frog legs, and shark fin. I am proud to say that I tried the frog legs(above). Eww the taste was fine but not the texture! Other than those foods everything was delish! We enjoyed going to the regular buffet for breakfast and lunch and then had fun at the midnight buffet with the fancy fruit, ice sculptures that Cynthia and Laurette are kissing! We also loved the chocolate buffet that was served for lunch on the last day! Yum yum!
We followed Jenny into the main show theatre to watch her learn a zombie dance to "Thriller"! I tried for like 2 seconds then I just felt like watching. She is a quick learner!
I sure love my sistas!!
So great to be in flip flop and sandals in March!
Here's to the funny and crazy moments!
Laugh it up!
I got so many compliments on this hairdo! We had seen photographers pose Mike and Cynthia earlier in the week like this with his nose to her cheek. Curtis decided to duplicate and Graham wanted in on the fun!
Yee Haw! Let's ride ourselves a camel! I thought it was funny that the ship's decor looked very Las Vegashy!
Jeff is very proud of me in this photo. Look closely and I am right behind Cynthia! It was his goal the entire trip to "photobomb" someone. Ha ha! Glad I could make his day!
Silly faces! Te he!
This was one of THE funniest moments ever! So a lot of us in the group were waiting to get on the elevators when all of a sudden Lori comes tearing around the corner pushing Andrew in a wheel chair. Seriously, lol! It just looked super funny. I guess they found a random wheelchair in the coridors of their cabins. They decided to take it for a stroll, well sprint, and really convince the workers that Andrew had a leg injury. Just the best! It's just one of those times where you had to be there! Thanks guys for this forever funny moment!
Cry, sigh! It's our last walk of retirement down the long long hallways. So sad!
Bye bye to everything. Tomorrow we have to fly home!
It was a mixed bag of emotions going home that Sunday. We were sad to say goodbye to the luxurious life and sad to say goodbye to our family members, yet excited to get home to our cute children, because it felt like we hadn't seen them in a long time! Thanks Peggy and LeRoy for loving our children. We appreciate you so much and had such a fun holiday knowing that our kids were safe and sound with you!
When's the next cruise Carter clan???







No comments:
Post a Comment