Thursday, June 26, 2014

Canada, here we come! 2013 (Part 1)

As tradition has it, when it's summer time, it's Canada time!  July is usually the lucky month!
A stop at the Hasslers is always expected!  Good times reuniting with cousins in the street!  And good
times seeing my siblings and brother in laws.  I love them all!  Will was amazing to come down and help
me drive up to Calgary since it is something I do not like doing on my own.  It made for a more
relaxing and comforting trip.  Thanks Will!
 
 
Here is what we did:
 
 The Calgary Stampede! A tradition to attend Kid's Day when kids and their parents
get in for free upon entering by 9am.  The Super Dogs is a cousin favorite!
 There's always awesome water shows too!
 Gotta love the horses!
 
It's Chloe and Emery with their cup song, "When I'm Gone." 
 So talented.  It's something I would take FOREVER to learn!
 
 And sister Jenny, the chosen Family Feud contestant.
 A few of her groupies (nieces and nephews) followed her to cheer her on. 
It worked!  She won $250.  Sweeeeet!  Jenny was so happy and bubbly up
 there.  She was definitely a star!
 Grandma's delcicious dinners and eating them in her relaxing backyard.
 Love these girls!  Sisters are the best!
 Look at this garden.  Beeeautiiiful!
 The stunning cliffs and mountaineous Banff!  Love this breathtaking town!
 Uncle Graham was a hero to help mom out.  Carrying the ever tired-and a few other things we won't mention- Evey was sure helpful!
Trips to the lakes! Fun for all!
And an amazing birthday lunch at the Carter's.  They are always sweet to do this!
 Red Deer, the home of the Woodward family.  Eden and Kyleigh were in the parade.  They rocked it!
 
A trip to the new Calgary temple, to do baptisms for the dead was such a blessing
 and privilege. My boys felt the spirit and loved going with their cousins and Aunt
Cynthia!  I was also blessed to do sealings with my family and dad as the sealer. 
 It was special to be able to do names for my dad's British relatives.  He
 felt them present.  What a beautiful spirit and memory. I have a testimony
 of going to the temple.  It brings us closer to God.
Love these strong, valiant teenagers!  It brings me such joy to see them walk in truth and light!
 
 Bye bye Calgary, hello Claresholm!  Grandma and Grandpa Hancock like to deposit
their change throughout theyear into a jar, and then let our kids count it out the next
 summer and split it up 5 ways.  Lucky kids!  They just love thisand they end up with
quite a hefty chunk of change.

  Happy Birthday sister! A stylin' new outfit for you from your favorite store,
 Maurice's!  Love it on you, my fashionista sista!
 
I was without my kids as I drove home with the Hassler family to Kaysville,
 while my kiddos went camping with their dad and his family.  I am so happy that I
got to celebrate Cynthia with her family!  It was such a fun day shopping, going out to eat,
watching Fiddler on the Roof, and going to the movies!  It was so nice of her kids and
hubby to share her with me.  XO

It was pretty fun going to a DBox movie.  I even remember we went to Pacific Rim!
We enjoyed the shaking seats more than the movie.  Te he!

No comments: