I think Saturdays are special. To me they represent family bonding time. I grew up participating in fun family activities on Saturdays. I believe that it made me grow closer to my siblings and parents. That is why I carry on the tradition. I feel strongly about family unity, and working together. I love these kiddos of mine! They make my life exciting and happy!
I have to take advantage of the time I have with them while I can!
I have to take advantage of the time I have with them while I can!
In October of 2013, on 2 separate Saturdays we took a hike up a dormant volcano by Snow Canyon and then made a visit to the "White Rocks" in Snow Canyon. I have always wanted to hike up the volcano, especially as we had ran past it many times preparing for the marathon.
Santa Clara Volcano, Cinder Cone Trail.
This was a neat surprise that we discovered at the base of our hike!
If you look closely, you can see some hikers at the base of the hill. He he.
This was a pretty steep hike with some slippery volcanic rock.
Evey kept calling out, "daddy, daddy, woa." She slipped a few times and tried
hard to be brave. Carter loved her little cry for help so he repeatedly quoted her
until the whole family joined in, "daddy, daddy, woa". Ofcourse it's better to hear it for
yourself. She was so cute! I'm proud of our kids for trying hard things!
We hiked to the top and then Curtis took the boys and Emery to the
bottom of the cone, inside. Pretty cool!
White Rock in Snow Canyon.
Curtis and Caden managed to get down from this spot but I was not taking any chances
with the rest of the kids. That's when reality hit me pretty hard that I am responsible for all
these lives. Carter took it upon himself to find us another way down.
Way to take charge Carter! I love to see his responsibility shine through!
This is what these 2 did together.
Pretty exciting visitor!
It took the rest of us a while to find a safe way to get down because
there was no clear path climbing up those rocks. I was grateful I had Carter's help.
He will be a great priesthood leader of his home one day!
No comments:
Post a Comment