Sunday, March 27, 2011

Christmas in Hassler Wonderland! Part 2

It's Christmas Day hooray!

As you can imagine, this morning brought much excitment and absolutely NO sleeping in!  We told our children they could wake up no earlier than 7 am.  They were sure ready before then but we stuck to our plan!  It was 7 and my kids were practically breaking down the door.  It reminded me of a pack of wolves, kinda got scary..he he!  So, we started at 7:10.  Uncle Mike was busy primping in the bathroom!  Love ya Uncle Mike!

The lovely, organized, before presents are torn apart setting!

The Hassler children slept upstaris.
Here are the pack of wolves emerging from the basement!
 Release the hounds!
 It's stocking discovery time!
Santa knew that Evey was set on a box of bandaids for Christmas!
We had the rest of the children open presents in sets of 2 people.  The cousins that were the closest in age were grouped together!
It's a DS for Claire and Rapunzel barbies for Ella!
 Emery so wanted an MP3 player and it's pink-even better!
I love this about to cry reaction from Abby.  She and Jenna received their beloved IPod Touches!
Don't their faces say it all!
 It's a Play Station 3 game!
Ethan was thrilled with his skateboard!
 Carter was another happy camper to receive his rollerblades!
Evey was the most excited about this gift.  Mom and dad gave her a unicorn pillow pet that she asked for about one week before Christmas.  It was fun to see that her cousin Claire got the exact same one!
 Opening those presents is hard work!

Now it's time to enjoy all these wonderful items and toys!  Don't ya just love Christmas morning!

4 comments:

Chelsea Sheer said...

Yes, I DO love Christmas mornings. I loved seeing all the kids' reactions to opening their presents. And your caption "release the hounds" totally had me lol. It is so magical with kids - their excitement is definitely contagious. Ahhh...with this winter wonderland outside my window right now and your descriptive post, it's making me wish for Christmas again right now. ;) I only have 9 more months to go. HAHA.

Angie Stewart Black said...

Um looks like we have some spoiled children in our neighborhood! What a fun morning! I love the picture of them "emerging" from the basement. That cracked me up. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday season. I actually like it when people post late. It reminds me of our Christmas!!

Hasslers said...

Oh, I am just reliving the memories, wasn't it just so much fun?! I remember your kids just chomping at the bit, and they had to wait because of uncle Mike - sorry! I guess I am a little more used to it... always waiting! Love the pictures of all of their excited faces, totally captures the moment and excitment of Christmas morning! The picture of Claire and her DS is halarious, and Evey and her band aids - too funny, just happy with band aids and a pillow pet! It was sure fun to spend Christmas together, cute cousins!

Lyndsi said...

There is nothing like Christmas morning! SO much fun!! What cute, excited cousins appreciating all of their wonderful gifts! It looks like a perfect morning for everyone!