Sunday, March 13, 2011

Christmas in Hassler Wonderland! Part 1

We were so fortunate to spend our 2010 Christmas in the Hassler home!  They were so gracious and generous to have us for 10 straight days.  What a task that would be!!  We had an absolute blast and are so thankful to them for being so kind, loving, and for showing us a wonderful time!  We were also blessed to spend time with the Carter clan!  The cousins had such fun together and created many wonderful memories!

We arrived on the 23rd and went to see the amazing light formations at Layton Park.

Then we came back for Cynthia's yummy baking and hot chocolate...mmmm!

Zach was hilarious in his ski goggles, strutting his exciting dance moves!
It's Christmas Eve..hooray!  Abby and Emery spent their valuable play time making such cute name tags for our delicious dinner!
Cooking is so much better when you do it with a sista! 
Mike was very thorough in cooking this smoked turkey.  He also made a ham.  He makes the best meat in that smoker of his!
Here are the test tasters.  I think the turkey passed the test...delish!
Cynthia took such time in having a beautiful setting for our wonderful Christmas Eve dinner.  I thought it all looked so heavenly!
These cranberry center pieces were my favorite!  Good job sis!
And ofcourse, I always have to capture the best part.  I wish I could have a plate right now.  I was in love with the sparkling martinelli drinks.  Cynthia had many flavors to choose from!  We were so spoiled!  Cynthia, it was a most delicious dinner.  Thank you, thank you , thank you!!!
The "kid" table!
This is a wonderful tradition that the Carter siblings grew up with and we now love to carry on in our homes.  We sing happy birthday to Jesus and have Angel Food cake to celebrate!
Everyone had a part in our evening program.  Here is a taste of it.  Evey had to join in on Ella's solo.  It was too cute!
I loved hearing all of the musical instruments!
Jenna made up an adorable dance with her sister Claire.  Love the matching outfits!
This is the boys rendition of "Feliz Navidad"!  Hilarious!
Another tradition about to happen...christmas jammies!!  Wonder what they look like!
Here they are!  I thought it was funny that Cynthia and I picked out the exact same pajama pants for Ethan and Caden without knowing!
Love this shot!
Oh, it's time to set out reindeer food and..
..cookies and milk for Santa!

Night night!  We can't wait for Christmas morning!! 

6 comments:

Lyndsi said...

It truly was a wonderland! How fun for your families to share this time together. It really looks like everyone enjoyed it so much! The food looks amazing and the picture of you and Cynthia cooking is darling! Cute sistas! What a sweet tradition to sing to Jesus. Love the jammies shot too, and just love seeing these great moments with the Hanler clan!

Chelsea Sheer said...

Awww....so much fun! It makes me wish that we could all spend Christmas together. I could totally picture everything as you described it. The kids playing while you and Cynthia were cooking. The beautiful table settings with the Christmas tree in the background. Ahhh...so many nice memories. Thanks for the description and the pictures - then I get a little piece of your Christmas. Miss you Mel!

Woodwards said...

Looks like so much fun! Smoker meat, Christmas treats... mmm! And the meal you and Cynthia cooked looks delicious! Like you wrote, I could eat some now! The program looked like lots of fun! Especially all the boys up laughing together. My favourite picture is of you and Cynthia cooking together. What fun for you both! I am so glad you live as close as you do so you can be together every so often! Love you!

Josie said...

Looks like a grand time for everyone! Cynthia just seems so great, I love the relationship you two and your kids have, it is truly special! The table looks so nice and of course the food looks divine! Not to mention you look like a super model Mel!

Hasslers said...

Well now, that sure was a fun post to read :) Reading all of your descriptions and looking at the pictures brought all of the wonderful memories back! I am so happy we got to spend Christmas together, and have Spencer and Lori's family apart of it too! Christmas is so magical for many reasons, one of them being seeing the excitment through the eyes of our children. Thank you for all of your help with the cooking and the laughing, and the fun! I am so glad we live as close as we do so that we can get together and make these wonderful memories! I just loved Ella and Evey's tender song, your beautiful piano playing, and the boys singing in their very boy way! I also love singing to the Savior, it really reminds us of why we celebrate this wonderful time of year.

Angie Stewart Black said...

Love love love the picture of you and your sister in the kitchen. You look so pretty. How fun sisters are to have. And there is never enough time with them. This post makes me miss my sister and being a part of her daily life. It would be so much fun to have them closer to us right? Looks like you guys got the special treatment. How yummy the food looks too. Making me hungry!