Sunday, November 6, 2011

The rest of our Calgary trip

Here is our traditional visit to "Calaway Park"!  My children just love it here!  I didn't get pictures of the big kids because they took off in groups with their cousins!  I got more of shots of the smaller children!

Look at how adorable Channing is here!(below)  She is the little one in the gray polka dot shirt.  I have a great memory of her on this day.  We were running as a group for shelter because it started pouring rain!  As we came under an enclosed area, I looked down at Channing in her stroller with wet hair, drops of rain falling on her face, just grinning and clapping away.  She thought it was a wonderful adventure.  I just laughed and laughed.  What a good baby, so happy to be in the pouring rain!  To stay somewhat dry, we rode the merry-go-round a few times!

Auntie Chelsea was so sweet to let our dear chidren have a turn in making these adorable pillow monsters!(see below) This was Chelsea's creation for an Easter gift for Corbin.  They sure grew popular with the cousins.  The Hassler cousins made them with Auntie, so then ofcourse my children each wanted their own!  Chelsea let my kids pick fabric from her kraft box and had them choose some designs from the drawings she had created!  How many eyes, what kind of mouth, what type of hair... They got so into it that they were drawing their own versions as well!  This is what they came up with!  Aren't they so cute and isn't Chelsea so sweet to spend 2 evenings of her time teaching their mother, Melanie how to make them.  Thank goodness she sewed the main parts!  I was happy to do the cutting, stuffing, and putting together of the faces!  I just love staying up late with my sis to do these projects.  It makes me want to live by her...oh the things we could do together!  I would benefit from her creativity so much!  Love you Chels!

Carter's, Caden's, Emery's, Ella's and Evey's.  Evey named hers "Pinky-Pie".  Very cute!
And here is the wonderful Auntie Chelsea spening some quality time with our girls!  They loved it!

Here are some great moments to sum up our Calgary trip!

I could not forget enthusiastic Uncle Spencer loving the rides at Heritage Park! You are the best Spence! 
Bentley and Caden enjoying time together in caring for "Leo"(look in Bentley's hand)
Look at Caden's and Corbin's faces!  They are just loving the cars on the tracks!
Ella and Berkley are too!

Thanks again, to every single one of my family members!  We had a wonderful time together whether it was in your homes, at the park, at the beach, or anywhere else!  We can't wait for another trip to Calgary!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Great pictures. I love Spencers face on the merry-go-round. Looks like it was a fun day.

Chelsea Sheer said...

hahaha...what do I comment on first? So many fun pictures.
I love that moment at Calaway Park too with Channing - and of course your laugh always makes everything even better.
I loved that our kids spent time together and how excited Caden and Corbin were over the build a road tracks.
I loved building the monsters with you. I am SO happy to do it because you are are so happy to do it with me and help me. They did turn out so cute and I love your kids' creativity!

Hasslers said...

Good summer times! Heritage Park was so much fun, just love that place! I really enjoy seeing the cousins playing and having fun together - they will always remember these times! Caden and Corbin are halarious how excited they are over building the car track. Love the creative and fun monsters you made - look what Chelsea started!