Sunday, January 15, 2012

Our Caden is 11!

Caden received his Arrow of Light at a pack meeting in September!  He is now officially an 11 year old scout with Brother Stratton and his dad as his leaders!  What a lucky boy!  Congratulations Caden!  You did a great job!
 I love this boy!
 Caden started his birthday celebrations with a mini friend party at antigravity and then a late night watching star wars the clone wars.
 This is a fun place!  It made me want to join in and jump!
 This is the closest I came up with to a requested trampoline cake.
 Don't you love sister's involvement!
 A week later here we are on the real day which happened to be Sunday on conference weekend!

 It was fun to have time for a big breakfast, Caden's favorites-sausages, eggs, bacon, and pancakes with grape juice!
 We had chicken alfredo for dinner with caesar salad, more favorites!
 Exciting times with his new birthday present!
 His beloved cinnamon rolls and a most wonderful gift of Grandpa C. lighting the candles!  We were so lucky to have a quick weekend visit with my parents.  It was so fun!
 This big poster card has seemed to turn into a tradition at birthday times!  There are so many wonderful qualities that Caden has!  What a great boy and I know our family wouldn't be the same without him!
 Caden got to share a birthday treat of sherbet icecream with his classmates!

Here is one last celebration that happened with our beloved family that lives here!  We had sugar cookies for dessert which is another of Caden's favorites.  Do you think he was celebrated enough!  What a lucky boy but he most definitley deserves being celebrated!  We are the lucky ones to have him!
The kids thought this underlay was a cool clubhouse to eat under!  Our basement flooded a few days earlier but all is well, thankfully!

Happy happy birthday Caden Mitchell!

4 comments:

Nate and Erin Russell said...

those cookies were so good! and i know this wasn't the point of this post but your blue polka-dot dress is SO CUTE!!!

Kathryn said...

FUN Birthday! You always make your kids days so special. And way to go on the trampoline cake! You are so creative!

Josie said...

Wow, i can't believe Caden is 11! And I have to tell you once again what a great Mom you are Mel! I love how you go all out for your kids birthdays! They are so lucky to have such a great party Mom! Love the trampoline cake, there is no end to your creativity!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Melanie!! Oh my goodness...what a fabulous cake! You did a wonderful job. Seriously you are amazing. I love how you are so cute on your kids birthdays. I get most my inspiration from you. If I could only have a tenth of you...You're kids are so lucky to have you. My mom never did go all out for our birthdays so I am kinda jealous. Sure love you Mel. You're simply amazing!!