Sunday, March 4, 2012

December performances!

We just love December!  It's so full of excitement, anticipation, and celebration!  The performances sure get us in the mood for Christmas, in celebrating the birth of the Savior!

December 1st was a tree lighting ceremony at the water wheel park in Washington.  The Horizon School choir was invited to sing at it!  Caden was in the choir at the beginning of the year but just lost interest because it was the 3rd year in a row that they were learning the same Christmas songs!
Emery loved it, as it was new to her!
I really like this picture at the choir concert at Horizon.  These are all of Emery's best friends in her class.  Callie, Darcy, and McKenna!

Sweet little Evey was in show biz, stylin' her costume for her Christmas class solo of, "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas".  It was so stinkin' cute as they sang and tapped to it!  Evey's close friends, Lily and Rachel are posing with our other great friends and neighbors, Madi and Annie who were doing another cute dance!  Little girls in tights are irresistible!

 This is the entire class.  Gracie, Lily, Rachel, Evey, Kambria, Bailey.  I love their ruby red lipstick!
 And the best part about the dance is the little imperfections..it makes it all the more cute!
Cousin Lindsey was a doll to come watch and take our children home after!(Curtis had a work party that we had to rush off to).  She was so sweet to bring Evey a bouquet of flowers!  Thank you Linz, as always!

 Piano recital time!  I know it was in November, but everyone played Christmas songs!

 Carter was a dear and performed Angels We Have Heard on High, on the cello.  I like to mix it up!
 Here's the "picture" a christmas part.  I found images and typed my students' song titles on the pictures so they could show it and take it home afterwards!
 Evey has been so eager to learn how to play this year.  She picks up on tips by just listening during lessons.  Because of this, I decided to teach her part of the primary song, "Away in a Manger".  She got the chorus down along with the timing.  It was so very cute!


 I think I have myself 3 blondies now.  Ella's hair looks so light to me!  What cute little performers!
Thanks Katie for the wonderful lessons that you give to my children.  They are so lucky to have you!

 We enjoyed attending Carter's orchestra Christmas concert.  It is always fun to hum and tap our feet to the familiar melodies!

 Next we have Lyndsi Houskeeper's vocal recital.  Ella sang "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree".  I was proud of her.  She wasn't as shy this time! 
 Emery, Elle, and Caden have been taking  group guitar lessons.  Emery finally got her pink guitar after a year of asking!  She and Elle performed Jingle Bells.
 Caden put on the charm during his performance of Feliz Navidad.  He played it and sang, then invited the crowd to join in during the chorus.  I just loved every moment of it from his expression, to the relaxed feeling he gave us with his confidence, and to the twinkle in his eye!  What a guy!  He is very talented on the guitar..at least that is what I think!
 Here is their beautiful and wonderful teacher!  Thank you so much Lyndsi for all that you do for my lucky children!

I think this was my kids' most favorite performance of all!  They and the neighborhood kids and cousins spent days digging a hole on the lot across from us.  I think they were trying to get to China!  They have been sad as these lots are slowly being built on.  It takes all their dirt fun away!  Caden enjoyed drinking a total of 3 cans of pop in one day.  His hiding spot.  This hole!  How did we find out?..his cousin Abby spilled the beans.  It was so funny to me!  If that is the worst thing he does, right?...

 We discovered that rock climbing was included in our yearly family pass at our Washington City Rec. Center.  Now the performances begin!  Our children have fallen in love with the sport and have gone often on Saturdays and family nights!  What a great activity for them!
 Carter, Caden and Emery made it to the top no problem!

 Emery is such a gem when it comes to helping Evey.  She is an angelic girl and one of Evey's #1 fans!  I know she is a better mom than I am!
 Cousin Owen had a great time trying it out as well!  Go Owen!

What a great month we are in!!!

2 comments:

Lyndsi said...

I've loved seeing your new posts, Mel! What a talented group our dear Hancocks are! Your recital was "Picture Perfect" and little Evey was just amazing on her duet with you! And I am so proud of the wonderful progress your kids have made in their guitar and singing work! I love you all so much!

Josie said...

Evey was the cutest in her dance recital, I just love little girls all dolled up! Mel, I'm always so impressed with all you do for your piano recitals, you are fantastic! I didn't know the kids had started guitar, how fun! What a talented bunch the Hancocks are! Way to go Hancock kids, keep it up!