Monday, September 16, 2013

We LOVE our Canadian Summers 2012 (part one)

*We LOVE Canada and we LOVE summer!  We are such a lucky family to be able to spend time with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.  We stay busy every single day when we are up in our beautiful homeland!  We are so grateful to have this experience every year!  There is never a dull moment and never a dull picture!  Wow!  We took lots and lots of pictures this year, so get ready for some good ones and some great memories! 
Here's to the great outdoors:

* We LOVE the beach and lakes!  Because of unpredictable weather, when the sun is shining in Calgary, we most likely venture off to Sundance Lake or Chapparal!


 Nice hot tub!  I want one!
 The Romeril van seems to fit 9 excited beach kids and 2 adults!  What an amazing set of wheels!  Ha ha!
 Little Channing is the youngest grandchild!  She is the star of the show and gets a lot of attention from the cousins and aunties!
 She just thinks she is one of the teenagers!  So cute!
 And she is the clown, providing all the humor and laughs!  She must be drinking some sand??
 



 This is proof that I actually got in the water at least once!  That is a lot for me!  It is freeeezing water.  I admit that my blood has thinned after living in a warm climate all these years!  Ella, Corbin and Evey are in the picture!
 
*We LOVE the day trips spent hiking, picnicing, playing games, and having fun in the mountains!
 
*We LOVE Bragg Creek!  We had a delicious picnic and played some games, like Capture the Flag!
 I reminisce about being that spry and that high!  How lovely to be Carter!
 And here's to the shorter ones, spending time under the tree.  Much safer, with much calmer moms!
 
We totally enjoy playing "musical chairs" in all the different minivans.  We had the best company in our junker, beat up van!  It just goes to show that it doesn't matter what it looks like on the outside, as long as we are having fun on the inside!

We are such fans of finishing the day off with YUMMY icecream cones!  You should have seen the line we created in the store with  just the cousins! So crazy with that many kids waiting to pick out their favorite kind and trying to grab the candy surrounding them at the same time! *We LOVE the excitement, and like I said, that there is never a dull moment!
 
*We LOVE the Kananaskis, especially since I grew up spending my Saturdays there, hiking and picnicing with the family!
 
Andrew is such a fun Uncle always laughing, and making us laugh, and having a good time! This mushroom is such an interesting find!


 A hiking we will go!
 Look at the long line we create, we fill up the whole hill!  And I admire Andrew's determination for getting that stroller up the trail!
 

*We LOVE Banff!  What a gorgeous place that I now appreciate more than ever, as an adult!  If you haven't been here, you HAVE to go!  So beautiful!
I always enjoy seeing our trail of vehicles taking up the road!
We hiked up this pretty little waterfall!


I always feel so lucky when we get to see some wildlife!
Frolicking at lunch time!
 
It was amazing how tame these little critters were!

Isn't he beautiful!  No, this is not a post card!
This was my favorite of the day, Johnston's Canyon!  There were many people on the trail.  It's a very popular hike because it is so beautiful!
Touching furs and paws prints.  Look at Ella.  She touches it then..
smells her finger!  Ha ha!  I wonder if it stunk??
 


This is the group that went to the very top!





Wouldn't it be so fun to live here?!  Such a scenic town!
 



Time for some more beautiful falls and scenery!
Look at my rocks..  
and now watch me throw them!
Look at the pretty Banff Spring's hotel and my pretty Hancock girlies!

 
We are so blessed by Heavenly Father's beautiful creations! As Grandpa C. always says, "this is God's country!"

No comments: