I no longer teach piano lessons to neighbors and friends. It was
such a joy but not working with my family life. The challenge of the after
school hours didn't allow me to be available for my children like I wanted
to be. After 20+ years of teaching, it was a big decision to give it up.
I wanted to still use my knowledge, so I am blessed to be able to teach
my own children. This Christmas recital became very personal,
as it involved all my children.
All of our children take piano lessons now and it feels very exciting and
rewarding.There are many hard moments though. I always come to the
conclusion that this is important to me and is something I feel I want my kids
to learn. I am glad after these special moments that I have stuck to teaching them
and that they are learning something and learning to feel the spirit of good music.
Christmas is so wonderful, with a powerful message. Music about our Savior
speaks to me and can really bear witness to us all that he lives and that he was born
on this earth. I am grateful that I can share my love of music with my children
and teach them to share their testimonies through music.
I grew up singing "He Brought Love", by Jancie Kapp Perry, with my sisters.
It's very dear to me. This song filled me up and brought me closer to my Savior, as it
still does. I am grateful to my sister Laurette, for finding beautiful music and for teaching
her sisters to sing together with her and for taking the time to accompany us and teach us
harmony. This song is very special and beautiful to me. I was so excited to be able to
share it with my girls. Emery learned the alto part and she did a beautiful job. Evey and
Ella sang the melody. I remember that my sister Laurette added a 2nd alto part for me.
I'll be excited to do that as my girls become more experienced. Laurette was
awesome to do this for us and to instill in me a love of sharing music!
I grew up singing "He Brought Love", by Jancie Kapp Perry, with my sisters.
It's very dear to me. This song filled me up and brought me closer to my Savior, as it
still does. I am grateful to my sister Laurette, for finding beautiful music and for teaching
her sisters to sing together with her and for taking the time to accompany us and teach us
harmony. This song is very special and beautiful to me. I was so excited to be able to
share it with my girls. Emery learned the alto part and she did a beautiful job. Evey and
Ella sang the melody. I remember that my sister Laurette added a 2nd alto part for me.
I'll be excited to do that as my girls become more experienced. Laurette was
awesome to do this for us and to instill in me a love of sharing music!
This recital started a new tradition of involving the whole
family, in a variety of ways. It was a highlight of the season for me.
I loved it so very much.
It's so nice that Dad has musical abilities as well. Curtis played the trumpet in school.
Evey is pretty easy going when it comes to performing. Ha ha!
This was my favorite number, "Sleep Little Jesus". I loved having all my kids around me.
It was fun to hang out at Iceberg after with our guests. I felt like I
didn't get a good picture of Emery while performing. She's such a cutie!
And it was so much fun to have Grandma and Grandpa Hancock visiting for Christmas!
I kept the guest list pretty simple and so when others found out that we had performed,
they wished they could have been there to watch. I decided to have another performance
at the church a few days later. Sweet Great Aunt Rita came along. She is such an
uplifting, thoughtful and loving person. She gave our family a Christmas gift,
a lovely fruit tray, and treats! It was nice to have friends there too!
Carter had an orchestra performance that week as well. I always love attending the
events that my children are in!
And I just have to insert this picture below in, to remember. I love my nursery
calling and sure enjoy these precious littles! They make my Sunday so
much brighter. I sure love the things they say and do!
Music time is always a favorite of theirs and they sure enjoy it.
They were singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".
Holding the stars makes it so much better!
Jensen's gloves are hilarious!
I love little kids! They are confident in what they want and are not afraid
to show it. His mom said he wanted to wear the pink gloves to church.
He kept them on the whole entire time. Ha ha. I just had to laugh!
L to R: Sophie, Watson, Brooklyn, Kenzie, Heidi, Jensen, Sara.
No comments:
Post a Comment