Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The 2nd Snowfall December 2013

It was pretty miraculous to not only have a lot of snow the first time in St.George, but the second
time in a week???  And lots more of it!  Continual snow for a night and day?  Unheard of!  The
kids were so excited and I know Curtis sure was too!  Lots of pictures were taken to document this
historical event!
 This is an absolute favorite picture of mine!  Pure joy and happiness on their faces!
 How exciting to build a snowman, a BIG snowman with sticky snow!
Emery wanted to make a complete snow family.  She was a little sad that
 Ella got bored but at least she was determined to finish the job and can
always remember her creations!
 
 More and more snow
 
 I love Christmas lights blanketed in snow.  It's so beautiful and really makes it feel Christmasy!
 Curtis found an amazing icicle that he had to honor.
 While the kids were having fun in the snow, I was having fun shopping on a Vegas
day trip with Shelly and Laura for my birthday.  Laura was nice to set it up and we had a
really good time eating at Maggiano's, being silly, shopping at the mall until.....
 we got stuck in the Gorge just after Mesquite on our way home. 
The traffic came to a complete stop.  The roads were icy so there had
been a few accidents ahead of us with semi trucks involved.  Little did we know we
would be spending the night there!  Ha!  Good thing we had Shelly's
large Suburban and blankets.  No bathrooms though?!  We made do.  I've never
had to deal with no bathroom before.  Morning came and we were still stuck.  I started
to feel a little discouraged since it was my birthday that day and I was anxious
to get home to the kids. I knew they had some things planned for me.
Shelly was able to turn the vehicle around and head back to Mesquite where we had a
buffet breakfast and waited for the news of the freeway opening up again. 
We decided to head back about noon and lucked out with it opening right then!  Phew! 
FINALLY!  It was a long night but I appreciate these girls for making it fun and light!
I was very grateful to be home!  Yipppeeeee!
 Curtis got me a Kitchen Aid!  I was so happy!  Happy Birthday to me!
It felt so good to wrap my arms around my kids!
 Emery instigated a money jar for her siblings, her dad, and herself to contribute to.
She worked hard and saved about $80 for me to go shopping for clothes with.
She is such a thoughtful daughter and I was so touched by her labor of love for me!
Church was cancelled on my birthday.  Ha ha!   I know you fellow Canadians
are chuckaling along with me.  No one knows how to deal with the snow here.  I'll give
them credit for that!  We made the best of the afternoon and went sledding! 
It was awesome and snow much fun:) even if it was just on a dirt lot and side street!
 This picture is random but it has to be documented. On a December day Curtis
dropped his car off at the tire shop just like this. Evey was pretty funny to position
her Barbie in the back window.  I thought it was totally and completely hilarious!


No comments: