We've been having our own little olympic fun over the last little while. ICE SKATING! It's amazing that St. George now has it's very own ice rink. Even though it costs a fortune for our family to go it was worth it! You should have seen us all crashing and falling on the ice. We defintely earned points for originality and for artistry, boy we were stylish and a sight for sore eyes! SO fun! Grandma and Grandpa H had a good time watching us. After a little bit of Evey trying out the ice they were very gracious to give our backs a break and to let us help our other 4. So they took her off to get a treat..much to her dismay. She LOVED the ice and didn't want to leave. We'll try to go back and brush up on our skills! What do you think..a gold medal for trying!
Cousin Brenden was working at the time we arrived and was happy to get us outfitted with those lovely skates. I was very happy to see that lysol can sitting on the counter. Thank goodness they spray inbetween each use! Ahhh, where would I be w/o lysol! The olympics would certainly not be the same!
SNOW FORM CREATIONS What a lovely sport this was! We were off with the Meyers on this day to find snow..a tradition done over the holidays or a little later :) We came across this church in Diamond Valley (on the way to Pine Valley) I think we used every bit of the snow that covered the grass. Their snow form creation of a snowman is quite lovely. I gave it a gold medal..yay!
Then came the best part...demolition time!
I'm not quite sure what this snow form creation was called..
..or this one..but they sure are cute!
Then ofcourse we have the snow form creations of beautiful snow angels!
Good job Ella Shae! Way to go for the gold!
Well, that is our fill of the Hancock winter games. Until next time....
11 comments:
Love to see the fun Hancock adventures! Glad you finally made it to the Ice Rink...I couldn't imagine you guys not giving it a try! Once again, you are inspiring me to be more adventurous with my fam! Way to be a good example! Love ya! T:)
yeah for winter time fun...if you think you were a sight at the ice rink you should have seen us....not pretty! The angle on that snowangel of Ella's makes her look tiny compared to it! your family is so cute!
We haven't made it over there yet but it looks like so much fun. I don't know....I can't imagine us over there. I mean, who is going to pack Bentley around??? hahaha. Looks like your kids had a blast in the snow. Seriously...I need to get out more often!!
You totally get a gold medal in my book! I've been wanting to take Pierce but I dont dare take Madi, since Ryan wont skate and I am terrible! Looks like fun!
You are always up to something fun over there! We thought a minute about going, but we'd both be carrying our kids around the whole time. Maybe next year. Love the snow man. Diamond Valley is where we can find some eh?
I love all the pictures below of Green Valley. Way cool, I think the scenery at a movie theatre is nice too, but not quite like that. ;)
What a fun and creative post, Mel! I love your positive energy and descriptive blog posts! Yay - you guys got to go ice skating! A little different from where you grew up, eh? Evey is so cute - the baby always thinks they are older than they actually are, I can totally picture her being quite offended to be taken off the ice! I love making snowmen and snow angles, such a fun part of winter, glad your children got to participate in those! Can't wait to see you guys soon!
A gold medal for sure! You guys have had lot "Happenin!"
What a great idea! You guys are so much fun! Gold Medal for sure! :D
Mel! How have I not commented on your cute new posts?! I love every picture - the Happenin' Hancocks are always having a great time! Love it! Love you all!
How much fun!! And I love the Evie had cute little skates on.
love the olympic games post how you tied everything in together. I didn't know you guys go searching for snow every year - a fun tradition. Although, if you were here, you'd be wishing you couldn't see snow. hehe.
Exciting that you guys have your own skating rink and tried it out. We can go to the lake now, but didn't even try it out this year...maybe we'll try it next winter!
Fun olympic games - but glad it's getting closer to summer, because that also means I get to see you! yay!
Post a Comment