Am I the only one that thinks 7 years old sounds SO much older than 6? How could my children be gettting this old so quickly? Even though Emery is growing I am sure grateful for what a beautiful daughter and example she is to me.
My sister Cynthia helped me make "name songs" for all my children when they were babies. Thanks sis! This is how Emery's song goes ( it's to the tune of the primary song, "Give Said the Little Stream") "Emery my little one, I love you, yes I do. Emery my little one you bring joy just like the sun. E your eyes are enchanting, M your merry, and E elegant, R you resemble angels from above, Y you yearn to love! Let me expand:
E- enchanting eyes As a baby Emery had a tiny little face with very big blue, enchanting eyes. She sucked us all in from the beginning. They are still very beautiful and innocent. When I look into Emmy's eyes I see purity. Grandpa C. would also comment on how beautiful her eyes were.
M- merry On most days Emery is merry. She is a joy and delight to be around and she is very loving and kind to those around her.
E- elegant Emmy is very elegant. Her spirit is mature and special. She has an amazing generosity about her.
R- resemble angels from above Emery IS an angel in my eyes. I'm sure she was sent here at this time to be many other peoples guardian angel. She is so tender, kind hearted and giving to others.
Y- yearn to love This is a natural desire that Emery has. She is so good at loving everyone around her.
Here are the pictures from her exciting day. She counted down to her birthday for what seemed like months. As soon as she opened her presents Christmas morning she stated, "well, that's okay if Christmas is over because it's only 5 more days until my birthday". So her birthday was like Christmas all over again.
I love giving them the tinfoil presents in the morning so it can hold them over until the evening party.
During the day I didn't bring my camera, darn. We went swimming at the rec center and went out for lunch to "In N Out Burger".
We had a traditional family party and were lucky to have a few more in number to attend. Brenda, Wayne, and Alyssa were still visiting. I have so much fun making cakes. I love working on them the night before and then sharing the surprise after dinner. Sometimes I wonder if it's more for me?\
The barbie was one of her presents. I think it is the cutest. As I started working on the props for the cake I was very impressed with Caden's abilities and creativity. He made the microphone out of a unsharpened pencil and screw. Then he covered it in tinfoil. Ella also was there cheering us on! I'll have to think about hiring Caden when it comes to future cakes!
Auntie Brenda is so good to our kids. She really makes an effort to spend time with them and love them.
A new bike! We had to get this for her birthday since it was the "only thing that she didn't get for Christmas"(her words)
In the evening we settled down with Grandma and Grandpa to watch Emmy's new "Hannah Montana the movie" dvd. She was excited to just hang out with the adults and eat all her yummy treats. I was stuffed since we had homemade cafe rio for dinner and reese peanut butter cake and caramel brownies.
What a fun fun day. I just love having birthdays to have a whole special day to honor someone and I was so happy to honor and celebrate Emmy. She is just wonderful in every way. We love you Emery Grace!
7 comments:
Mel, you are such a cute Mom, and especially when it comes to birthdays!!! You are always amaze me with the creative birthdays you come up with for your kids. They are so lucky to have you! I am so glad Emery had such a fun birthday! And no, it's not just you, 7 IS SO BIG!!! I am already freaking out thinking that Pierson will be 7 this year! It is so grown up, and it does seem just WAY bigger than 6! Emery is such a beautiful and sweet girl, just like her Mom!
p.s. - I have really been wanting to watch the Hannah Montana movie! Do you think Emery could invite me over to watch it? :)
Melanie- you are amazing. You captured the many beautiful and special qualities that Emery has so perfectly in this sweet tribute to her. We have always felt of her thoughtful and loving spirit and we love everything about Emery! From those big beautiful eyes to that sweet, selfless heart - she is a little angel indeed. Mel - you are so good to your children. How blessed she is to have an angel for a mom too. Love you so much.
P.S. You have incredible talent in the cake department! Both Emery and Ella's cakes were perfect!
Happy birthday, Emery! Do we ever love your little girl, Mel! Seven is getting so much older - it's crazy how fast they grow up! Emmy has such a loving heart. She is a peacemaker and makes others feel special. I agree with you - she is an angel. What an awesome cake - you are so good making them for your kids and focusing on them to make them feel special on their birthdays! I love her new outfit and bike - so fun for a seven year old girl! Loved how you expanded on the song too!
She really is such a sweet and beautiful girl. I'm so glad she had a good birthday. You really do such a good job with your kids parties/cakes. You should go into business as a party planner!
Wow, you pulled it off again with the cutest cake ever! I think I've told you a hundred times and I will probably tell you a hundred more times what a fun and special mommy you are to your little ones. They are so lucky to have such a wonderful talented mommy as you. I wished my mom made me out of this world cakes for my bd's! I think McD's was her idea of creativity! LOL. She is so cute and yes...7 sounds so grown up! Just wait...8 is worse!
Emery, you are such a sweet, beautiful (inside and out), amazing person. We love you so much and you are such a great friend to Amara. I love your personality. You are such a sensitive, caring old soul. Happy Birthday :)
Awww...so sweet. Happy Birthday Emmy! We love you too and think you're wonderful!
I love the cake Mel - it's awesome and so creative. It is fun making them hey? (But I always find it ends up taking me way longer than I wanted...)
I love your description of the birthdays and how you always make it so special for your kids. You do such a great job!
Post a Comment