Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ella's Enchanted Under the Sea Bash!

This was Ella's first friend birthday party ever!  I let the my kids have a party with their friends when they turn 5..so ofcourse we went all out!  We had fun inviting lots of the cute neighbor and preschool buddies.  When Ella turned 4 she was in love with Ariel and it's lasted a whole year so we still included Ariel but gave it a more general theme of "under the sea".  We had a lot of fun planning this party.  I sent out the invitations and had the party all within 3 days.  Talk about last minute.  I wouldn't recommend that and I wouldn't ever do that again.  At least Ella had a fun time and hopefully she didn't notice any kind of rushing!


Here are the invites, a message in a bottle!  The sand was really fun, easy, and messy to make..just salt and food coloring
The message in the bottle
Cute Ella delivering them all..I loved watching her little run with her long hair bopping up and and down
Before the party I had Ella pose infront of all the decorations..this is the entrance into the party
Seaweed hanging from the ceiling
The party table with treats and coloring
The gift area
Bubble machine area..Shane and Laura were so great to lend us such wonderful party helps
The fabulous party guests.. staggered back row: Kenadi, Sinjin, Makell, Luke, Summer, Madi S, and staggered front row: Madi R, Chandler, Brooklin, Annie, Ava, Ella, Owen
Here they are hard at work partying in the bubbles!  Little Cassie, in the rainbow dress was a guest that arrived later

Here is another version of Ella's cake..this time it was MUCH easier.  Just pile up a bunch of doughnuts and cover them up with dyed cool whip and crumble graham crackers on them for the sand..ahh it took 5 minutes tops!
Cute little Owen with his blue face.  There were quite a few other blue faces too!
The party favors..bubble, juice, swedish fish, gold fish, bath toy creatures..fun stuff!

We also played, "The mouth of a whale" (a big furniture box decorated like a whale..when music stops and you are you in the box then you're caught!) , "Fish, fish, shark" aka "duck, duck, goose" and dancing in the dark with a cool water projecter ( provided by Shane and Laura..thanks guys!).  They got to dance to "Under the Sea" from the Little Mermaid movie.  It was a ton of fun and truly an "under the sea" adventure!  Thanks Ella for loving Ariel because now I love her just as much as you do!

8 comments:

Angie Stewart Black said...

I have three words for you....OH MY GOODNESS! Are you seriously like "Mom of the Year?" You are so amazing and look how fun that party was!! she looks so adorable in her little mermaid costume. What a cute and fun little party she had. Looks so fun that I wished I was there for all the festivities. Tell her to add me to the guest list for next year! LOL. You're so creative Melanie. Sure do love ya!

Staci Davies said...

Aves got so excited to look at these pictures and tell me all about it. What a party. You're always throwing the best. Lucky kids!

Josie said...

Seriously Mel, how do you do it?! You really throw the cutest birthday parties ever! WOW! Madi had so much fun, and was so in love with the invitation! I was completely amazed by it as well! She came home talking about all the fun things she did, I was excited to hear you explain them! I love Ella'a pose in her mermaid costume, so cute! Oh and Madi LOVES her pink dolphin from the party bag, she named it Ariel and hot only plays with it the tub, but often sleeps with it too.

Lyndsi said...

Mel - what can I say? You are the absolute BEST mom ever and Ella was the CUTEST little birthday girl! Thanks for including Luke in the fun. Really, what a perfect party from the invites to the decorations to the activities and treat bags. You amaze me. Your children are going to have COUNTLESS memories of the time and effort you put into making their birthdays SO special. Again, how are we so blessed to have the sweet friendship of your family? We love you all so dearly!

Wilsons said...

wow, you are always so creative!

Jenny said...

What an amazing party Mel!! What a great idea with message in a bottle - so cute. And the cake is great - donuts with cool whip - wow what a great idea. You are so creative Mel.

Hasslers said...

What an abosolutely adoreable birthday party! From the invitations to the decorations, to the games, and the treat bags. So fun and creative for Ella's friends! You should be a professional party planner! Ella is lucky to have you as a mom!

Sheers said...

What a fabulous birthday party for Ella. Everything was so well thought of (especially last minute - wow!) from the invitations to the decorations to the treat bags. What a lucky girl! She definitely knows her mom loves her. I agree with Cynth - you should be a party planner. I love the way you tie everything together.