It's always fun to celebrate a holiday! The festivites began the night before the school parties with this activity of our own..a Valentine Day card decorating session. It's fun to buy all the cards and candy and see the kids get excited over addressing them to their friends.
This was the style the girls wore to school...thanks hair blogs!
Carter had to dress up because the 5th graders had a fancy lunch planned with the girls. Carter was assigned to help a girl and pull her chair in and out for her. He also had to bring plates and cups. He said it wasn't that bad. Way to be a good sport and gentleman Carter!
On Sunday I gave the kids their yummy treats. I love telling them the wonderful things about them..I don't do it enough, that's why I took a picture to remind me. They are such good kids!
This was another "do" the girls wore..also from a hair blog. They wore it to church. I thought it was so cute!
After church I made a Valentine's lunch since we didn't have time for a fancy breakfast with early church. It was just a little crazy to say the least but at least it got on the table.
And my most amazing and sweet friend sent me these. What a way to uplift me. I sure needed it! I love tulips! Thanks Lyndsi!
For dinner we shared a yummy meal with the Meyer family and Grams and Gramps H. The kids had fun playing at Auntie Shellie's.
So here comes the "eat your heart out" part. Who could forget our cute, busy, little inquisitive Evey. This is what the bow looked like BEFORE in her hair and then....
..this it what it looked like after..what a stinker. She even got a hold of her sister's bow. I think she was eager for dessert..who wouldn't want a year old candy with clear nail polish as a coating?? And I guess she was not impressed that I was recycling last year's bows. It's time for some new ones! So here's to some new bows..eat your heart out!
8 comments:
Oh Evey! I can't believe she ate that! It must have been so hard and a I can't imagine the flavor the nail polish gave it! Wow, how funny! The girls hair was SO cute Mel! There you go again, totally amazing me! You are such a darling Mom, your kids are so very blessed to have you! I love all the darling things you do for them!
Is there any way possible that you can come and do my hair for the holidays?? So cute Melanie. You are amazing.
Mel -
You are such a cute Mom! I love all the great things you do to make memories for your kids. They are so lucky to have you! I love the heart hair-do's, sandwiches and really cute notes for each of your kids! And Evey chewing on the candy was hilarious! Love you sissy!
Once again, you show us slacker moms how to do it right! Thanks for being such a good example and sharing your cute ideas! It makes me wish my girls were little again! I love reading about your adventures every week...I always know I'm going to see something wonderful posted on Sunday evening! You are the absolute best! Love ya!
Evey eating the candy on her bow - too funny! She is such a cute little character! Love the way you celebrate holdiays, Mel - you find so much joy in life! What a fun lunch and sweet treats you had for your children. Just love your girls hairdo's, so cute! Awesome that Carter was such a gentleman!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - you're my hero, Mel! Always making special days just that - so special! Your sweet kids and hubby are very blessed to have you. Thanks for your example. Little Evey, always making me smile, and of course your girls' hair is always so darling. Way to go Carter - such a mature little guy. Loved it all! Love you all! :)
So hilarious about Evey eating the candy on the bow! You are so amazing Melanie, I didn't even try to do the cool hair with church so early this year, you are so ambitious :) Your family is always the cutest at church, I always can't wait to see them!
Love the girls' hair! It's so fun to see all the different styles you do. Very fun and festive - love that you celebrate each holiday like that.
And Evey - I shouldn't laugh too hard, because I see the same situation repeating itself with Berkley... Mmmmmm....yummy nailpolish candy. Bet it tasted fantastic!
Post a Comment