Sunday, April 11, 2010

"March" along

Well, March certainly marched along and is now gone.  Wow, what a quick month!  This is what we finished it off with.  St. Patrick's Day is another day to fancy my girls up.  The night before I "4 leaf" clovered their hair and stuck rollers in the ponytail.  You can't really tell in this picture but a few people noticed throughout the day.  It was fun to remind everyone to wear green!

Here is Evey's green and her grinny smile!

The very same day we attended the boy's Pinewood Derby.  At first their cars didn't do so hot but then the winning family let us in on a secret.  Lube those wheels up!  They let us use the lubricant and then it was sweet sailing after that!  The boys went from mad to glad within minutes!  Curtis then recalled having done this 3 years ago when Carter's car, "spidey" won the whole thing.  He was kicking himself..but now we know for next year, so watch out for the Hancocks!



The boys have been involved in an After School Activities Program (ASAP) at the community center.  It's been really neat to see the different subjects they have been learning about.  They have played all sports, done photography, learned about money management, learned to bake bread and cookies, learned hygeine.  They attended for 3 months every Monday and Wednesday from 4-5:30.  Tait Belnap was in the class with them too.  I put them in it to see which sport they ended up liking the best.  Ofcourse hockey and swimming are still up there.  I loved that they got a little taste of everything!

There actually may be a few more things to share about March...I'll do it later :)

7 comments:

Lyndsi said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! The St. Patty's hair was so darling - and little Evey with her big smile - love her!! Way to go Carter and Caden (and Curt of course!) for making those cars so speedy! Next year is sure to be intense! And I love seeing them with their yummy looking bread! What great kids you have Mel! We love you all and are SO excited for this week. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyndsi said...

Oh ya! And your blog post title is so cute! "March Along" - love it! Love you!

Sheers said...

Your girls totally inspire me with their cute hair. And Evey and her pose - what a sweetie!
That after school program is a neat idea to test out different areas they are interested in. And their cars look great.
Good marchin' along Hancocks. We love you!

Angie Stewart Black said...

I love love love the hair do's. I really am going to need to take a hairstyling class from you if you ever have one.....(hint hint). I love the pic of Evey with her little pigtails. She is getting so big! What a cutie!!

Josie said...

There you go again, amazing me with the absolutely darling hairdos! Seriously, so cute Mel! I love that the boys made bread too, looks yummy!

April said...

What amazingly, adorable, and awesome hair styles!! You rock! I'm lucky if I curl my girls hair. That is so cool that your boys learned how to bake cookies and bread. I can't believe that you've been released from all or practically all of your music callings. Is that good or bad? You're an amazing pianist!
-April

Hasslers said...

Wow, wonderful St. Patrick's day hair - you are so talented at that, Mel! The picture of Evey is so cute, she just loves life! What a fun thing for your boys to do, and all the neat things that they learned. I want some of that bread! Cool cub cars, thanks for the tip for when it is Ethan's turn!