Sunday, April 25, 2010

C + H + H + R = Fun!

What an exciting last weekend of March we had!  Our little sister, Aunt Jenny was coming down to Utah from Calgary to visit with the Hasslers and with her inlaws.  It was their spring break so they wanted to make good use of it!  Jenny came down to Kaysville with her four children and stayed with Cynthia and Mike.  Well, we couldn't let that opportunity pass us by so we had to drive up there and join the party.  Our brother, Uncle Spencer lives close by in Farmington, so ofcourse he and his family joined in on the fun as well.  Thus, we had the Carters + Hancocks + Hasslers + Romerils and it was the best time ever!!!    There were 17 cousins in all so there was always something to look at and there was always something to be entertained by :)

Spencer and Lori invited us to their ward Easter egg Hunt on Saturday morning.  We were rushing there in order to make sure we got the eggs for the kids.  Cynthia was so kind to provide the eggs for each of our children.  Thanks Stink!  She and I went for a 6 mile run before.  We are training for a half marathon in May.  It is always so great to have her be by my side to keep me motivated.  Boy, is she miss speedy!  It'll be a challenge to keep up with her!

And the hunt begins!  It's Evey, Claire, and Ella hard at work.
Evey wanted to open her eggs instantly and try what was inside.  She was so so happy!
Ella and Claire
Ella and Logan
Caden and Ethan
Chloe, Carter, Abby, Jenna racing to get eggs on their turn
Lori, Spencer, and cute bunny Samantha
Jenny, Curt, Cynthia and me
Cute little cousins.  Jenny is holding Jensen and Chloe is beside them.  Chelsa is by Evey and Alex is by sister Sam.

Now, onto the next event.  We met at the Carter kids elementary school and played our classic game of street hockey while the little ones played at a park nearby.  It was just perfect.
Zachary and Spencer

Jenna trying so hard to score on her mom
                                                                                              
Emery, SO into it!

Sweet little Jensen wanting to join in on the action

Chloe and Sydney hangin' out at the park
There was a debate to who won the game.  Spencer said it was the adults but Carter and Abby claim it was the kids.  How about a tie?

Here the kids are the next day in their Easter wear.  They all look so cute.  I wasn't going to find the girls matching dresses this year, but how could I pass up these adorable ones!

All the moms decided to French braid the girls' hair the night before to give them a wavy look and to help us be fast in the morning with 9:00 church.  Evey got to have sponge rollers.  Hopefully one day I'll be able to fully french braid her hair.  I think the boys are such studs.  They are definitely outnumbered!

I just love it when my children get an opportunity to spend time with their cousins.  They NEVER want it to end and I'm just so glad that they all get along so well.  The Hasslers were so generous to let us all stay in their house.  Thanks guys and thanks Mike for these great pictures.  I'm so thankful that you saved me since I forgot my camera..gasp!  What would I do without pictures??

7 comments:

Woodwards said...

I love the matchy matchy! Cute dresses! You and I both get into that!!! Fun that the cousins can be together. Makes me excited for summer - hopefully that works out again this year! I miss you!

Kathryn said...

I always look forward to seeing your cute matching girls with their beautiful hair at church. I hope you continue to match them for years to come! Love your darling family!
How was your disneyland trip?

Josie said...

I agree with Kathryn, keep putting those darling girls in matching dresses for as long you you can! They'll still go for it when Em is 16, right? I always love seeing what cute outfits and hairdo's you've got them in. Such beautiful little girls and so lucky to have such a fabulous mom to keep them looking so cute and stylish! So glad you had a great time with the cousins, I think it's so neat that you are so close with your sisters and that the cousins have such a ball together- what a great family!

Hasslers said...

That sure was a fun weekend! I agree, Mel, I just love when the cousins get together - they just love it. There is much sadness once everyone leaves. Thank you for coming up to see Jenny and spend time with us! I will never forget you enthusiasm with the street hockey game - it was the best! You and Spencer are quite the team. I sure enjoy our runs and the races we do together - by the way, you are the speedy one! Love the Easter pictures, all the children dressed up so nicely.

Crystal said...

Not to sound like a broken record or anything but seriously, how cute are your girls! I miss seeing how gorgeous they all are! I am so glad you got to spend time with family, makes holidays that much better!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Wow when you guys get together, you get together! Of course your girls look darling. Love the dresses. Looks like you had a fun Easter holiday...and now where are the DL pics??? Can't wait to see them!!

Lyndsi said...

Time with cousins is the best! (and siblings too!) Such great pictures of all the action. Those street hockey games look quite intense! Your children look so perfect in their matching attire - love the gorgeous wavy hair and little Evey with her cute curls - darling!! And the group shot of the cousins is priceless. So glad you are all able to enjoy these fun times with family. We're always happy to have you back home though. :)