What a fun and special place to spend our time in the summer with cousins. Grandma and Grandpa Carter have a huge backyard for their city home. It is a wonderful space that accomodates the many grandchildren! Skipping was VERY popular this summer. The cousins had all the aunties and Uncle Graham turn the rope for what seemed like hours. There were many contests that went on to see who could jump the longest! Even the adults got involved. I also decided to relive my childhood. I skipped 40 ish consecutive jumps which wasn't too bad I thought, ya know, for my age. My record didn't last long however..those other talented siblings of mine creamed me! Oh well. There was nothing like the feeling of all my little ones piling on top of me as I collapsed to the ground in exhaustion. They were so happy and proud of me for jumping that long. I absolutely loved that moment. My kids are the best!
Evey just had to be a part of the fun!
Emery caught on to skipping a few summers ago. It came so easily to her. She too can hold a steady beat with her jumping!
Caden could take it or leave it. He decided to join in this day since the majority of the cousins were doing it. He did great as well!
Carter was the one who usually got the skipping activity going! He would beg us over and over to turn the rope. It was always his goal to have the jumping record amongst his cousins and even his aunties and uncle! He tried his darndest and was sometimes successful! His determination was great!
Uncle Graham was hard at work!
I love cute Auntie Laurette reliving "double dutch". Go girl! I love these pictures I got of my siblings! Auntie Cynthia,(above) I must say that you were "the endure to the end" auntie with turning the rope. Thank you, for my children's sake!
Chloe was a sweetheart to give Evey a horsie ride!
Berkley and Evey were hard at work helping Grandma pick and wash strawberries!
Uncle Graham is so wonderful with my children. My girls love him!
Aw, I love my wonderful siblings! We missed you Spencer!
Good times skippin' and a jumpin'!










5 comments:
How fun! I love that you call it skipping! I'm pretty impressed with all of the adults! Especially the double dutch, I could never do that! Hmm, I think I'll have to give it a try and see how many jumps I could do these days. If I see skipping going on over at the Hancocks I might come over!
Hanging out in Grandma and Grandpa's yard is always fun. Those kids sured loved the skipping - what fun memories!!
Fun! I love that you call it skipping too!
This is so fun! How great of the adults to join in the party with the kids. We should have a FHE and include skipping sometime! I love the picture with you and your siblings. What a great family you have, Mel. So glad you get to spend Summers with them. Sure love ya!
Skipping sure was a hit this summer! Mel, you are awesome, skipping your heart out until the time of collapse! Carter's determination to beat the record was so cute to see! Lots of fun is had in Grandma's backyard, that's forsure! Love all of your pictures and descriptions!
Post a Comment