Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kids Day!

I LOVE this day at the stampede.  It comes the week after the parade. Children get into the grounds for free with an accompanying parent, if they make it there by 9am.  It was fun getting everyone ready and on time!  I guess we have practice with 9 o'clock church, although we are not always successful at being on time!  Uncle Graham and Grandpa C. were the only men with us, so we appreciated their help in keeping everyone safe and taken care of.  Graham and Martha were very good at organizing what events we would go see and so good to help with the little ones.  Thanks once again! 

Here we are at the first stop of the day.  The "Buckaroo" building provided great entertainment for the kids.  These special scooters were a favorite spot for my girls!
Here we are waiting for the "Super Dog" show to start!  We ate lunch while we were waiting.
Evey absolutely was in love with the dogs.  She had to pet every single one after the show!
These boy cousins had so much fun this summer.  The Canadian flag faces are the best!
Here we are at a "high dive"and "motorcross" show.  
These cute 12 year old cousins were amazing at helping me with my girls.

This "statue" is a real person.  He was so good that I was fooled.  We were all surprised when he suddenly pointed his gun at Caden.  Ofcourse Caden was the one trying to touch and inspect him the most!
Even though there were big crowds and it was a challenge to keep track of my children, I enjoy the spirit of the stampede and the fun things that the children get to experience.  I also love reliving my childhood!  Yahoo!

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

You guys must have so much fun up there. I love St George, but there never seems to be a ton to do here. Its so hard getting caught up on blogging after a long summer of playing huh? Your kids are as cute as ever and that statue guy is pretty cool...what a fun idea...Maybe you guys should be a family of statue's for halloween! ;) I can't wait to see what you guys are doing this year.

Lyndsi said...

What a great time for the kids! They all look so cute and happy. I can just see Evey with the dogs - I bet you were lovin' that too, right? :) And cute Caden with the statue - too funny! Such lucky kids to get to share these enjoyable moments with their cousins. Darling pics of everyone!

Nate and Erin Russell said...

i definitely need to go to kids day next year! fun!

Jenny said...

I loved watching the superdogs so close this year. We had some pretty good seats. I didn't even see that guy that looked like a statue! I bet Caden was a bit surprised when he pointed the gun at him.

Hasslers said...

Love kid's day at the stampede! It was the best to see the kids reaction to the bronzed guy. Halarious that Ethan was wondering why we were staring at the statue! Superdogs are always a hit! Love that the cousins get to spend this time together and make such wonderful memories!

FotoTale Designs said...

Looks like so much fun! I wish there were something cool like that to look forward to here. Evey is so big! How cute that she wanted to pet every dog =) Those statue guys are really cool. They were all over Rome, but they wouldn't move unless you put money in their cups.

FotoTale Designs said...

Woops, FotoTale Designs in Sarah Jimenez =) Sorry, forgot to switch accounts.