I couldn't let the summer go by without acknowledging Evey's "ah" phase. During the months of June and July Evey put the "a" sound at the end of many words! Her cousins, Aunties, and Grandmas got a kick out of it when we were visiting them in Canada! She would say, "auntie-a", "horsey-a", "mommy-a and daddy-a".
Here are a few cute stories to share and record.
We were playing in Grandma C's basement and the question was asked, "eww, who tooted?". Even though it wasn't Evey, she piped up very loudly, "It was me-ah!" We laughed and laughed over that one. She seems to take the blame for everything lately. Sweet girl!
Another fun one. Evey was going to the bathroom at the Sheers house and she happened to have an audience consisting of her cousin Berkley. When Evey was finishing up she announced to her, "Berkley, I went poo-ah!" Berkley responded with a perplexed look on her face, "pooh-ah??"
I was so sad when she didn't say the "ah" sound anymore. It's like it just vanished when we got home from our summer vacation. I have a hard time saying goodbye to cute stages and phases!
Evey was obsessed with the Hassler family on our visit and still is! She LOVED being held by her sweet and helpful cousin, Jenna!
Evey is very attached to Auntie Cynthia and Uncle Mike...surprise, it's the Hasslers! Cynthia was the popular auntie this summer. All of the toddlers seemed to cling to her. She is so sweet to them! Evey sure was excited this day when Uncle Mike arrived for his summer visit on his Harley!
Evey finally has been growing some more hair! This is what it looks like in the morning. (November)
The poor girl hates it when I comb through this rat's nest. Her hair is just so fine but she also must move like crazy when sleeping.
It has been fun to start braiding her hair now. The possibilities have now become endless. (July)
She even has had a few haircuts and this is what she looked like when Stef styled it. Too cute! (June)
And these are her very first set of french braids. I was so excited the day that I got them in! Chelsea gave me a good tip that has helped manage braids even more. Put moose and water in before and it will be easier to hold and bring the pieces in! (May)
Evey has been loving my make-up! She can never get enough. You mothers all know it is not a good sign when your child is super quiet. Yup, this is what Evey does when you don't hear her. She tries to hide the make-up behind her back but the evidence is just so apparent! (September)
There are a few more cute stories about Evey that I want to remember.
On July 5th Evey woke up saying to me, "good morning mommy, hakuna matata, orphan's in the whole world". I figured she must have been dreaming about Lion King and Nacho Libre. I got a kick out of a 2 year old spewing off movie quotes!
On July 6th Evey was eating taco salad for dinner at the Sheers house. She was sure loving her meal and let us know it. "Mom, I LOVE food!" Auntie Chelsea makes a mean taco salad!
On August 15th I was calling Evey and she says, "Mom, I'm not Evey anymore." "Well, then who are you?", I asked. She responded, "I'm a baby. Wa wa."
On Septemeber 9th we were in the van picking up Luke and Will, Ella's kindergarten buddies. We got Will first and still had to go to Luke's. Before we grabbed Luke, Evey says, "Oh, dangit! We forgot Luke!"
Evey enjoys playing and playing with any kind of toy. It doesn't matter what it is as long as it is what her siblings have! On October 1st she was playing with a horse and had the horse say to the barbies, "Humans. Save me!" I love to watch her play and pick up on what her sisters say. Emery and Ella always call their newborn baby dolls, "barely born babies". In her character play she often says to the other person's toys, "Hi friend, hi friend, hi friend. " Ella has been getting tired of hearing that and says, "Evey, You ALWAYS say that!"
Evey's favorite game of late has been "hide and go seek". She also really enjoys "ring around the rosie". It's amazing to me how children never get sick of the same thing over and over and over again. Mommy sure does though! :)
We sure love our Evey Brynn and can't believe she is close to being 3. She is always the life of the party over here and our days are continually brightened because of her!



5 comments:
evey's version of the canadian "eh?" i love evey!!
Evey-ah! What a beautiful girly-ah! We love you-ah!
What a fun post, Melanie! I love your little girl! The sideways look at the camera cracks me up. And the make-up, well now that is classic, is it not? I love all the cute hairdo's and record of her cute sayings! Thanks for making me giggle!
We (Taylor and I) were just talking to each other the other day about your cute little Evey. We can't believe how big she is getting and still so adorable! Taylor especially feels a special attachment to Evey and misses her tons now that she doesn't get to see you all very much anymore! It's so amazing how fast they grow up and you are such a smart momma for recording all the cute fun sayings. I wish I had more of that to remember! Thanks for the fun post! We love you!
We sure love our Evey-ah! That was so halarious this summer how much she said that, we loved it! Kind of like Corbin's haa hee, love these little ones. They just grow up too fast! I am quite thrilled with my role as the gum providing aunite for Evey, we have an understanding, her and I! I love Evey's zest for life, her sweet expressions, and the unconditional love she gives us! The picture with the make-up is classic, so glad you captured that with a camera! Awesome job as always on the braids, Mel, you are amazing!
We love you Evey!!! This is a precious post, Mel. So glad you have your sweet little girl. She is a an absolute doll!
Post a Comment