Sunday, November 28, 2010

The rest of August

Back to school

When we get home from our summer vacation, we have about 1 week to breath, relax, and then get ready for school.  It's crazy to me how early school starts down here.  It begun on August 11th, to be exact.  Carter was pretty excited to start at Sunrise Ridge Intermediate School this year.  He seems too young to already be at this point in his life.  I think I had a lot harder time accepting the fact that Carter would be attending the 6th grade.  I was more nervous than he was.  He did so well.  We had walked through the school before hand and made sure he had everything he needed.  He is in a great routine now and really enjoys being more grown up.  He is such a responsible boy in getting up in the morning.  He sets his alarm for 6, eats breakfast, gets ready, and walks to the bus all on his own.  I have been so impressed with him!  What a guy.  I think it's absolutely ridiculous to be at the bus stop at 6:45am! 

Carter is learning the cello this year in orchestra.  He loves it.  His teacher said he is one of her top cellists!

Caden and Emery were not so enthusiastic to return to Horizon.  

Emery, however was very excited to have Mrs. Bergeron.  We requested her because she was Caden's wonderful 2nd grade teacher and we just love her!

 Caden's 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Anderson.

 Ella had to wait an extra week to attend kindergarten. 

 So cute sitting at her desk!

Mrs. Key.  I love the purple!


A haunted house!

The kids were obviously in the mood one day to create a haunted house in their room.  Too funny that Halloween was already on their brains!  I had fun getting spooked by all this dangly toilet paper..
 and a scary mummy!

 Good job girls!

The Rigatta Races!

For Augusts' pack meeting, the scouts went down to an area by the Virgin River in St. George to race their homemade boats.  Caden's got 2nd place!  Job well done!
 Carter and Tait went along to cool off in the water.  Looks like fun!

3 comments:

Angie Stewart Black said...

What a great idea to get pictures done under the billboard. Love it. Your girls look so precious in their back to school outfits. Of course....

Hasslers said...

It is hard to say goodbye to the summer once school starts again, isn't it? I can't beleive that Carter gets up at 6 am, that is ridiculous, but good for him for being so responsible! Carter and Jenna will have to play their instruments together! I enjoyed seeing the pictures of all of the kids' teachers, because they are a big part of their lives! That pack meeting sure looks like fun! Homemade boats and swimming, what could be better?

Lyndsi said...

Super cute back to school pics - and I'm impressed with Carter too! I hope he stays with the cello! Luke and I were loving the haunted house and Caden as a mummy - so great! Jace loved the boat races too - those are great pictures in the waterfall! We love keeping up with our Happenin' Hancocks!