When we spend time with Curtis' family, we always enjoy visiting the beloved Waterton. It always amazes me with it's beauty! Grandma Hancock lived part of her childhood here. She loves to return as well!
This is a view of the famous hotel there. It's around an $800.00/night stay.
We had a picnic lunch and threw rocks in the river.
Evey just adores Adalae. They were so cute in their play!
Our little family was quite ambitious this trip. We decided to hike "Bear's Hump". It's an uphill climb for over a mile. It took us around an hour to get to the top. I was so proud of our kids for making it! It was so worth the hike to get this gorgeous view and to feed the chipmunks some sunflower seeds!
Feeding these critters was definitely the highlight for our children! It was nerve wracking as they were all chasing them. I was afraid of someone falling over the edge. I sure was glued to Evey!
The trip down was way fun, as it was downhill! Jello legs is a great thing to feel! I was so happy that we were able to do this with our kids. It was such a bonding and rewarding experience. They sure chugged a lot of water upon arriving at the bottom! It was great to then go get a famous icecream cone in downtown Waterton. Yum yum!
I don't know how we could top this trip next summer! Thanks Brenda and Wayne for having us and for taking us to such beautiful places! We love and miss you all! Farewell Alberta!









2 comments:
I would like to thank you for making me feel like I went on vacation thru your pictures!!!! LOL. It looks like you had an AMAZING trip! How fun to get to do all this fun stuff! Makes me want to go there too. Thanks for sharing! Love the pics of the chipmunks. So fun for the kids to be that close!
Alberta sure is beautiful, especially Watereton. Bear's hump -we have hiked that a few times! Fun for the kids to feed the chipmunks, and to be able to actually touch them. Brenda is always so sweet to have you guys, what a fun and memborable time with Curtis' family.
Post a Comment