It's Halloween!! I love this holiday since I am a cheezie mom who likes to dress her kids matchy matchy every Sunday. What a great opportunity this one is for me! I really didn't put in as much effort as usual though, which is strange for me, but it was still loads of fun!
The girls' costumes weren't ready yet, so we dug out some classics for the school carnival.
Zombie Caden-woa, as soon as he got this outfit on, he acted the part, running around our culdesac with this scary face!
Follow the yellow brick road, it's Dorothy!
Move over Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia is here! All of our girls have been her. I love how posed she is!
Our sweet witch Emery. I don't know if she could ever pull of being anything scary!
It's the ward trunk-or-treat! Zombie boys and fairy girls!
Curtis' zombie look did not turn this little daddy's girl away!
I thought this trunk belonging to the Lowe family was a good fit for these cute garden fairies!
Hassler-Hancock Halloween party time! It was so fun having our cousins come. The kids had so much fun together! We made a ton of caramel corn to have while watching Hocus Pocus!
Hocus Pocus time! We couldn't find this movie at Walmart or Target. I was sad that we would have to not watch it this year! It is always a tradition! Thank goodness for cousin Lindsey who came to the rescue and found it randomly at Kmart. Thanks Linds! You are so good at that!
Decorating our pumpkin and ghost sugar cookies!
We carved pumpkins too, ofcourse!
Evey was a little bit worried when she saw that Uncle Mike might eat the pumpkin for lunch!
What a great menu we had planned, hands and feet, sheep heart, witch nails, brains, bug guts, eyeballs, and spider legs.
Costume time, say CHEESE! Here are the princess fairies! I had each of the girls pick their favorite color!
I had a great time putting them together, however, in the process I wasn't making anything. I decided to fix that by doing their head wreaths. It was so much fun!
It's the zombie Hancock boys. They are pretty scary looking. Curtis did a good job of putting these together. He even did the makeup!
Crazy cousins!
We love the Hasslers! Mike was disco 70's guy-gotta love the wig. Cynthia-clown, Jenna-Katniss, Ethan- electrocuted guy, Claire-bride, and Abby-Pippy Longstocking! Mike lost his hands while he was stirring up this punch!
Delicious party food with Papa Murphy's pizza!
It was a pretty nice night for trick-or-treating. Here is Ella's friend, Luke!
It's "Boo" from Monster's Inc.
Okay, so funny story! Caden inspired this Hobo's costume! Our cute friend and neighbor, Staci Davies was spotted from a distance by Caden one afternoon. I guess she was down in the dirt with her shoes and socks off and messed up hair. He reported to me that he saw a hobo across the street. I wasn't near the sighting but I got after him, telling him to talk quiet since he was loudly announcing it to all of us and his friends. I guess Staci ended up hearing him announce this and thought it was so funny. I was so embarassed but she was such a good sport about it all. I guess she had fallen off of her bike and had gotten muddy, thus the removing of the footwear. What a guy! Staci, thanks for putting up with us. You looked great in your costume! I have had many long laughs about this one!!
I loved the way Mike looked from a distance, click, take a pic!
Evey was still in awe of her Auntie Cynthia and Uncle Mike with this visit. Move over mom and dad!
Some pretty cute trick-or-treaters!
Bishop Brooks is scared to death of these zombie boys!
It's the candy stash. We had some pretty serious candy negotiations taking place!
Jenna was so cute in faithfully reading our blog books. She was determined to read them all from cover to cover, and she did! What an accomplishment! Thanks Jenna!
This is our tearful goodbye! Poor Claire was so sad. My girls joined in and had a really hard time saying goodbye also. It is so sad!
Luckily this was the ONLY sad moment that we had with the wonderful Hasslers! We love you guys so much and are excited to see you for Thanksgiving!
7 comments:
How fun Mel! You do such an amazing job with your costumes, the girls were just darling! How funny about Staci, I didn't know that gave her the idea for the costume, hilarious! Glad you got to watch Hocus Pocus, I had been looking for it for a couple of years at Target and Walmart at Halloween time, I finally found it once I Target like in the middle of the year! I was so relieved, love that movie!
Your girls looked so darling for Halloween. Love the head bands you made. Is there really anything you can't do??? Seriously...mom of the year!!! Looks like you guys had a fun night. Love all the traditions you have. Such a cute family. Just love you.
That was soooooo much fun!!! Absolutly the best Halloween ever! I miss u guys so much and can't wait till you come 4 christmas! it's gonna be a party! love u guys
-jenna
Oh, that was such a fun Halloween! And thank-you, Melanie for documenting my life for me - ha ha. Jenna was giving me a hard time for falling off the blogging band wagon. I will have to do digital scrapbooking, Jenna certainly enjoyed your blog books! Your girls looked so pretty in thier fairy costumes, and perfect ones for the boys! We had so much fun at your house, you guys are always so welcoming and excited to have us, we simply love it! I loved watching Hocus Pocus with carmel corn, and our fun Halloween party, thanks Mel, you always make things so much fun! I love the picture with your bishop, he is so funny! The picture of Claire and Ella hugging is so sad, these cute cousins love eachother so much! So looking forward to our Christmas memories coming up!!! See you in two sleeps!
What a great post Mel. And what a fun Halloween. You always do such a great job on the costumes for your kids. YOu guys look amazing. What a great Mom you are.
Wow what amazing costumes! I love the matching garden fairies! You and your girls are so pretty! I need to take some hair lessons from you! And the striped green witch stockings! GREAT! The boys looked pretty SPOOKY! The halloween menu - looked fabulous! You'll have to tell me what all the items translated into! Hey - and what's up with being able to go trick-or-treating without any snow on the ground and not having to wear winter coats. The guy sitting out handing out candy? That would never happen here!!!! I'm feeling JIPPED!
I wanna come, I wanna come! I SO missed being with you guys for Halloween. It looked like so much fun. Spooky menu, popcorn and movies, great decorations in your front yard, warm weather - I wanna be there! Your fairy costumes turned out so darling - you did such a good job. I love how they are coordinating but not the same color. Super cute. And the boys look great as zombies too. Oh, and Evey as Princess Leia - so stinkin' cute. I love the little buns and dyed hair.
Post a Comment