Dentist
You could say we started the month out right with a trip to the dentist! It was overdue and I was wanting to take Evey in to get her molars checked out. Her teeth looked quite brown to me. She was a superstar and came through with flying colors! She had no cavities, just worn away enamel. We just love Amy, our dental hygenist. She was so great with Evey. Way to go little Eve meister, especially for just being 2! All of the other kids had no cavities as well, phew! What a great visit!
She was more than happy to have her turn and was infact excited. What a lucky mom I am to have such good kids at the dentist!
Channing's baby blessing
"Jello" time
Carter had a performance/adjudication with his orchestra class. It's always great fun to see him play the "jello", right Grandpa. Grandpa C. joked with Carter that he wasn't familiar with this "jello" instrument!
My sister, Cynthia and I headed all the way to Calgary the first weekend in November for our sweet niece's baby blessing.
Here we are visiting the future temple sight for the Calgary temple. How exciting. Dad is showing it off well in his "Carter Cadillac"!
It was a spectacular sight and spectacular to see all of our Calgary nieces and nephews! I was ccccold!
Our sister Chelsea and family were so gracious to have Cynthia and I stay with them. It was neat for us Aunties to spend quality time with the little ones since we are usually distracted with our own! Our hubbies were dear in tending to our own children at home!
Isn't Berkley a doll! She was in love with her smoothie! Chelsea and Andrew make some delicious smoothies, I must say! Mmmmm
Corbin is such a boy with his trains and cars. We loved playing with him!
And how exciting it was to meet Channing Irelyn for the first time. What an adorable little thing! We couldn't keep our eyes off of her. What a sweetheart and oh, so good natured! One thing I remember about Channing is her attentiveness. She loved to study all of our faces and would shift her head back and forth and back and forth to look at each face. I just loved this about her!
What an angel Channing was on her blessing day. It was such a treat for us to be a part of this special time. Babies are so pure and fresh from heaven, and really, such miracles. We love her dearly!
I love the Sheer family in their matching attire. Chelsea, your children are adorable!
We enjoyed a yummy taco salad dinner after at Graham and Martha's home. It was fun receiving a tour of their new home, snapping pictures, visiting, and hanging out with everyone! Spencer, we missed you!
We sang to Chloe for her 8th birthday. What a cutie she is. I wish Emery could have been there!
This is the whole gang, minus our families, Raylene, and Spencer's family. Still pretty big, huh?!"Jello" time
Carter had a performance/adjudication with his orchestra class. It's always great fun to see him play the "jello", right Grandpa. Grandpa C. joked with Carter that he wasn't familiar with this "jello" instrument!
Thanksgiving
We were privileged to have the Hasslers come for this wonderful time of year! We invited the Utah Carters too but unfortunately Spencer had to work. We missed you brother!
Mike and Cynthia are the best working duo to help us in the kitchen. Mike, the meat man was happy to man handled the beast and then carve it up nice! Cynthia was my cooking buddy all day while the cousins were happy playing!
Evey still just adores her Uncle Mike and was happy as ever with him in this box, sucking her blankie!
Can I just tell you that this 20 lbs. turkey was the most delcious smelling and tasting thing that I have had in a long time! I wish I could radiate it's smell to you, so just imagine it!
Curtis' traditional job in the kitchen is to smell and inspect and to smell and to smell and oh ya, to mash the potatoes!
Our cute "Hanler" cousins!!! They were happy to have their own table. The adults ate in the family room.
This was our oh so ever scrumptious meal. Usually I don't enjoy it as much when I am the cook, but I think I did this time because my sister was by my side!
Uncle Mike brought his guns to go shooting at the range. The boys quite enjoyed this activity!
We enjoyed other activites besides eating and shooting. We went to Tangled~such a cute movie! And ofcourse we went shopping. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of that! Actually, just Curtis and I went at midnight to Walmart. Was it really worth the $4.00 jammies? Probably not, but it was a sight to be seen. Mike and Cynthia chose to be warm and snug in their beds. I think they made the smart choice! Curtis was able to buy everything else online that were on the Black Friday ads. It was pretty exciting!
I am so grateful for family and friends at Thanksgiving time, and always. I am such a lucky girl to be surrounded by such wonderful and amazing people!
5 comments:
What fun! I love all the family memories here - fun to see your trip to Calgary photos. I loved seeing you and Cynthia! The green smoothies. MMMMM. Taco salad. MMMM. The turkey supper at Cynthia's looked amazing! Hey - maybe I'm hungry! Fun all the cousins could sit together! Love you, Mel!
mmmmm.... that turkey looks so good. Looks like a yummy dinner. I think that is so cool that Carter is playing the Cello. I've always liked the Cello.
Thank you once again, Mel, for documenting parts of my life! I loved reading about Thanksgiving, that was so much fun! It makes cooking a party instead of a chore when you cook with a sister! And boy, was it delicious! Thank you so much for having us! The boys sure had fun shooting, what a fun activity for them, and wasn't Tangled just the best?! I sure had fun with you going up to Calgary, the drive didn't take as long - why was that? Oh ya, no children, and 13 hours together of visiting with no interruptions! I still laugh about Inkom and missing Idaho Falls - so funny! I just loved seeing Chelsea's sweet Channing, so glad we made the trip together! Babies are so precious, and straight from Heaven. Way to go on the Cello, Carter! We need to get Carter and Jenna to do a duet, just love string instruments. Evey at the dentist - cutie pie. It sure makes it nice when your kids are good about going to the dentist!
I am SO happy that you guys came for Channing's blessing. Thank you thank you thank you. It was so nice to see you. I love that picture you have of Channing on the couch - she looks so much bigger now! I'm glad that you got to spend thanksgiving with the hasslers and I love your "hanler" cousin word. hehe. The turkey looks delicious and what fun to cook with a sister!
Way to go playing the cello Carter - I'd love to hear him sometime. Maybe you should record him and post it on your blog! :)
And Evey and the dentist - so cute! Love that you took pictures (side note: I took Corbin and Berkley to the dentist. I had to get my teeth cleaned at the same time and Andrew forgot to take pictures - eek!) Way to go getting your teeth cleaned Evey!
Great work at getting all of November done, Mel! This was such a fun post to read...little Evey, so good at the dentist! Lily will be a different story! So fun that you were able to make the trip with Cynthia for Channing's blessing - she is a little doll! I always love seeing pictures of your family together in Calgary - such a great group! And your Turkey looked divine indeed. So glad you enjoyed a great November. We are always so thankful for your dear family. Love you!!!
Post a Comment