Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dad's happenings at 38!

Happy Birthday Curtis!  Lots of great things happened that week!

Ella was on her way to losing her first tooth.  How exciting!
 A few days later it was gone.  Yay, it's now a toothless girl!  She was thrilled with her first experience because the tooth came out all on its own and she didn't have to get her dad to pull it.  She also could not believe that she lost hers so early compared to her big sis, Em!
 We started a new tradition this Christmas with our favorite family, the Houskeepers.  We had a Christmas morning breakfast together that happened to be on Curtis' birthday.  It was great to have a double celebration!
 Costco cinammon rolls were his cake.  These are a favorite of his.  Mmm, so gooey and good!
 Present time!  We also celebrated at the Olive Garden for dinner.
 These are the Christmas outfits that I put together.  I even included the boys this time.  I love my cute kids!
These are the girls' headbands that I made to go along with the dresses.  Have I mentioned that I love to do the matching thing!

We can't wait for Christmas!  It's just around the corner!

7 comments:

Chelsea Sheer said...

happy birthday to Curtis - I am the same as him. LOVE cinnamon buns. MMMMmmmmMMMm. :) And holy cute headbands Mel! I so wish we were together all the time so we could create together. You are always coming up with cute stuff! I love it! And everyone looked great in their matching Christmas outfits. Nice work!

Nate and Erin Russell said...

those headbands are gorgeous, as are the young ladies wearing them! they're all so big!! where are carter's chubby cheeks? i'm excited to match all of my kids!

Kathryn said...

I'm really serious Melanie. When ever you make headbands or bows for your girls you need to make just one more for Annie and I will PAY you for it! :) Love that pic of all your cute matching kids...although it brings back nightmares of when I was 14 and my mom was still trying to make me match my 3 younger sisters every sunday...

Josie said...

I'm with Kathryn, you might be getting yourself into a neighborhood hair accessory business! You are amazing! The girls look look so cute in their matching dresses, keep it up as long as you can! Glad Curt had a great b-day, Olive Garden and Cinnamon Rolls sound fabulous, mmm I think I need to go eat lunch!

Angie Stewart Black said...

I too, am with Kathryn. We need to get together and have you teach us all sometime. Your girls look absolutely adorable....AS ALWAYS! Looks like Curtis had a fun day. But what could he expect being married to wife/mom of the century!!!!

Lyndsi said...

Cute Ella with her missing tooth! Luke can't wait to join her! And I LOVE our new tradition...so glad you got a picture. Thanks Curt for letting us celebrate a bit of your birthday at breakfast - looks like he had a happy day! And your kids are so darling in their outfits! Such a cute, cute picture of them!! The headbands were perfect. Lily was so lucky to get to wear a Melanie original too!!

Hasslers said...

Losing a tooth is a big deal in a little girls life! It's pretty exciting, and to get money on top of it, bonus! Happy birthday Curtis! Sounds like it was a fabulous day, love cinnamon rolls and Olive Garden! Way cute outfits, Melanie, you have a talent for that, and just love the headbands, so cute!