Sunday, August 28, 2011

Those Lazy Lake Days!

One of our most favorite activties about our summer visits is our wonderful trips to Lakes Chapparal and Sundance. The sisters have had many conversations as to why we love our lake days so much!  I have to share! 

#1 - It pleases children of all ages. So when there are 20 + cousins involved you know it is a good choice.
#2 - You feel like the best mom-kids are happily playing outdoors and exercising instead of being couch
        potatoes in front of a screen or fighting!
#3 - Kids sleep great on those lake days!  You tire them out by having such fun in the sun!
#4 - The parents can chat and hold fairly decent conversations without too many interruptions.
#5 - The parents can also bask in the beautiful sunlight or sit under a beach umbrella and feel wonderful
        relaxing.
#6 - You don't have to sweep or do dishes!  All the food gets eaten and then you throw the packages away
        and your done in a matter of minutes!
#7 - It's FREE!  Love it when that happens!
#8 - The best part-everyone leaves happy with more wonderful memories to share!

Have I mentioned that we LOVE the lake!!!  Thanks Carters and Sheers for living in such beautiful areas where we can do this each summer.  We are so lucky and are so happy that there were some sun shiny days! 











When we stayed at the Carters, our children were so excited to try out their hot tub!  They think it's the coolest thing to have in a backyard!  They were okay coming home from the lake knowing that they had this yet to come.  It warmed them right up!

3 comments:

Hasslers said...

Yes, lake days are the best! We are so lucky to be able to use them when we are in Calgary, so great for the cousins! I love all the pictures of seeing them together, wonderful memories. I mean, sand, water and sun, who could ask for better? :)

Nate and Erin Russell said...

can i come to the lake with you guys?! looks like an awesome day!

Kathryn said...

That lake looks so fun...and those houses in the background...WOW! I want one. I think I'll add one to my my "if we win the lottery wish list" :) Your summer vacations always look so fun!
We had fun visiting you the other day! Thanks again!