Sunday, October 9, 2011

Baptisms

Baptisms are such a wonderful event.  Children just glow when they come out of the water and all of the cousins just love watching them.  I love the warm feeling of the Holy Ghost and the excitement of these precious spirits becoming  new members of the church!  Like Grandpa Carter has always told us, "your children are the best missionary work you can do!"  So yes, it is so exciting when they choose to be baptized and converted!
This is Eden's baptism that was held in Red Deer, where she lives.
Fun cousin time after hanging out on the stage before dinner.  What is up with "stages" and kids?  They are so attracted to them!
Evey loved following Eden and telling me that she loved the "girl in the white dress"!
 We missed you Spencer, as always!
 But then it was great to see you arrive for Alex's baptism.  It was so neat that we could all be together as siblings and cousins!  Thanks for having him baptized in Calgary!  Alex was so cute that day!  He was too busy playing on the beach to get baptized!  I loved it! (Alex is the blondie in the tan suit)

2 comments:

Chelsea Sheer said...

okay...I read this post a while ago and just went back today to re-read it so I could comment. I posted my "baptism" post today and we used ALL the same pictures. hehe.

Hasslers said...

Just love baptisms! Don't you just feel the spirit so strong as these children join the church? So happy that we got to be apart of them this summer. It's fun looking at all the pictures of the children dressed so nicely! :)