Back to School.
Caden is still heading off to Sunrise Ridge Intermediate school as a 7th grader.
We are not fans of the early morning schedule but we still survived! The 3
oldest got to be at the top of their schools being in the oldest grades!
Carter is a pro at Desert Hills Middle School as a 9th grader. He's got this no problem!
Emery is a 5th grader in Mr. Blake's class.
She ended up really liking her days with him! He turned out to be one of her most favorite teachers!
Ella is always excited to start school! She knows Mrs. Telford will be great in 3rd grade!
Evey had to wait an extra week or so to attend Kindergarten! This is the year where my kids
are dying to go to school so it's hard for them to wait as their older siblings are at school!
She was so excited to be in morning kindergarten with Mrs. Key!
I was thrilled to learn that Evey and her buddy Brielle Gifford were in the same class!
They had many fun play dates and got along great!
It's always a tradition for me to visit the elementary kids on the first day for lunch.
Ella is a sweetheart and is always so excited to see me. These are her friends Kiera
and Alyssa. Emery was glad I was there too and Evey always loved tagging along!
Getting into school projects already is fun! Ella had to make this paper doll look like her!
I love how she incorporated Jerzy! Ha ha!
We loved the school shirts at Horizon! Such a cute fit for the girls! Every
Friday the kids wear them to school. Evey was glad to finally join in on
the fun. I just loved having all 3 girls together at the same school!
This is one of those days after a visit for lunch. Emery's buddies Darcy
and McKenna Brackett always have a great time together!
With the new school year comes new looks! I convinced Evey to cut off her hair!
I still can't believe I did it! I got tired of tears and combing through tangles each day
and I really thought a pixie cut would suit her! I sat her down and showed her different
pictures of short styles and told her how nice it would be to get rid of the tangles!
She was a trooper to accept the challenge!
Evey's reaction was priceless. She frowned in the mirror. It made me question what
I had just put her through. After a few days though I LOVED it! She looks adorable with short hair!
SNIP SNIP SNIP
The excitement of a change rubbed off on Ella Bella. I didn't want
her to lose too much. She was convinced of that as well! And I know
this is not the best before picture because she had braids in her hair all day.
Long layers and styled so cute! She was HAPPY! It made her
look a little more grown up which was not my plan.
The girls had fun posing after! Especially Ella!
A few days later Evey had a great time at the Pine Valley ward picnic! Look at that dirty face, the perfect picture of childhood!
It was fun for cousin Sam to have Evey change her length of hair to match hers!
Spencer and 3 of his kids came for a visit on their way to Arizona. We just loved having them!
Cousin sleepovers are the best!
Carter got into long boards after seeing his cousins ride theirs so he bought one for himself
with the help of Zach's advice.
As we were about to go to church one Sunday, Evey decided to try and
start a rock selling stand. She colored with marker on some of our rocks
out front. I couldn't resist the cuteness of her idea even if it was on
the Sabbath. I did have to convince her to pause the sale and postpone it to the next day!
It's another fun school project! Evey was assigned to decorate a square however she wanted.
I love to see what the kids come up with!
In September we headed back to Canada to attend dear Aunt Penny's funeral.
We stayed at Aunt Brenda's house where the girls always enjoy playing in the backyard. They
were particularily interested in the crabapple tree.
The boys were worried about missing too much school so we arranged to leave them to
stay with some friends.
Aunt Penny was another Grandma to our children. She was always
so sweet, loving, kind, and interested in them each time we saw her. She will be greatly missed!
I was able to make to Calgary for a day so our girls could see their cousins and their other Grandma and Grandpa.
We are blessed with dear friends in our lives, especially the Houskeeper family! It was fun to
go out to lunch with Lyndsi and Lily a few times throughout the school year!
And we are also blessed with caring and diligent home teachers!
Brothers Roundtree and Schofield were so kind to indulge my children
in quite a few games of fuse ball. Dustin Schofield moved out of the ward shortly
after. He went out with a bang I guess. We miss him a lot and wish he
could come back. He was always so good at listening
to our kids and giving a good lesson!
And we are blessed yet again with an amazing Great Aunt! Rita is heaven on earth.
She has so many relatives but manages to stay in touch with me and my family.
What a great example she is of giving service, creating family bonds,
keeping up on her family history and of being so very loving!
She has moved back to Bountiful now. I am going to miss her but at least
know that I can visit when I go up there!
I have so appreciated her kindness and getting to know her more.
This is random but I just love my kids struttin' their stuff!
I love to capture the outfits this girl comes up with! She's good at putting things
together and knowing what matches. She also loves to accessorize!
Caden had a great time with his dad at the Muse concert in Vegas. He did
get a little sleepy at the end but really enjoyed their music!
No comments:
Post a Comment