Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The rest of summer 2013

 
Just in case I forgot, below is a map of the piano theme I pulled off for my piano students in 2012-2013.  Basically it was a big game board with challenges to overcome upon arriving at an X.  It went well.  I had a fun time brainstorming this one with my boys.  I stopped teaching, with the exception of my own kids, for the 2013-2014 school year.  The after school hours were not working for our family.  It was a bitter sweet decision but one I feel good about.  My children need me after school, but I sure do miss my piano students!   
 Such creative minds these girls have.  Emery had a lot of fun a few times in the
 summer with her cute elementary twin friends, Darcy and McKenna Brackett! 

Grandpa stopped in for a visit!  He was down helping Uncle Spencer
 and was nice to drive 5 more hours to see us!
 He taught some Joseph Smith games to the boys!
 We enjoyed a nice hike in Pine Valley!  We just love Grandpa's
enthusiasm and great energy!  He is simply THE best!  We
sure cherish the moments we get to spend with him!  Thanks Dad!
 
We also got one more trip in before school started! 
 We made it to the Hasslers, yay! 
 Evey loves to play dress up there! 
She had quite the OFTD (outfit of the day) don't ya think??
When we force these boys off of video game playing, look what happens!  Makes us moms so happy! So great to have the Carter boys come visit too!
 We have always wanted to go to Cherry Hill so this was such a treat! AND the Woodwards were visiting as well!  Such a bonus!
 Our kids LOVED it!  So glad we went!
 
We also attended Great Uncle Dean's funeral on my mom's side of the family. 
What a blessing to see so many that we haven't seen in a while, like my mom's
 siblings, Uncle Donald and Aunt Joanne.  Missed you mom and dad!  
They had their temple responsibilities in Calgary. 
 
 The funeral was very nice.  I have always loved my mother's aunts
and uncles.  There are 11 of them.  Uncle Dean was the 5th and my mom's dad,
Grandpa Johnson was the first.  Our other favorite is #11, sweet Aunt Rita.
She is an amazing lady that is the glue in the family.  She is always
serving others and staying in touch, checking up on everyone!  I wish
we had taken a picture with her. 
 
Poor Caden!  He and mom forgot his nice shoes. 

No comments: