We have had SO much fun in Calgary. Each day has been filled with adventure. On Wednesday July 8th, we attended "kid's day" at the Stampede. If you get into the gate by 9:00 am and have a child with you then you get in free..and let me tell ya..there was NO shortage of kids! We were a group of 11 adults and 25 children. How crazy is that?! But oh was it a blast! I totally love the Stampede (for those of you who don't know, it's "the greatest outdoor show on earth"!). It was a treat to attend after having missed it for the last few summers.
My wonderful brother Graham (the organizer of this event) is awesome with the little ones. Ella has a soft spot for her Uncle! Thanks for keeping all the kids safe and taken care of Graham!
The first thing we did was go into the "Buckaroo" center which was a place for kids to experience different activities. This little climbing station was right up Evey's alley!
This show was fantastic and a favorite of Carter's! We watched some high divers who demonstrated some really cool trick dives. I love the black cloud that is forming over our heads. Calgary weather is so unpredictable but thank goodness it just sprinkled for a few minutes.
A super high dive!
Here's our massive group..it's so funny because we are often asked what kind of a group or organization we are. It's just us siblings with our many children! :) Chelsea's friend, Julie did contribute to the size with her 3 kids..but what's 3 more?
Later in the evening the adults, minus mom and dad and sister Laurette
Later in the evening the adults, minus mom and dad and sister Laurette returned to the Stampede for some grown up fun. Inside one of the buildings is the "round up center". It's a place to SHOP! Do you love our cowgirl hats?! L to R: Jenny, Chelsea, Cynthia, Martha, me
Look at these great hubbies, Mike and Graham testing out the ab cruncher!
A highlight of my evening was seeing these same boys get their legs shaved with a special pad..hilarious..what willing participants!
Our fun shopping gang!

One of the booths that I didn't get a picture of was of the "miche" purses. Can I just say that we girls spent over an hour there?! Cynthia was just talking about wanting to find a silver purse and there one was around the corner. These purses are SO cute and practicle. A lady from Salt Lake invented them and you can change the outside panel to make a whole new purse. It's really cool and fun. So, Cynthia, Martha and later Laurette ended up buying one. I am hoping to get one next summer when I am more out of diaper bags. http://michebag.com/ If you like purses you'll love one of these!
One of the booths that I didn't get a picture of was of the "miche" purses. Can I just say that we girls spent over an hour there?! Cynthia was just talking about wanting to find a silver purse and there one was around the corner. These purses are SO cute and practicle. A lady from Salt Lake invented them and you can change the outside panel to make a whole new purse. It's really cool and fun. So, Cynthia, Martha and later Laurette ended up buying one. I am hoping to get one next summer when I am more out of diaper bags. http://michebag.com/ If you like purses you'll love one of these!
One more thing that we did with the children was watch the "super dogs". Evey loved seeing all the different "puppies"(her word) and clapping with the crowd and dancing to the music. It was a great great day. Thanks YA'LL for the fun!
7 comments:
Calgary, Carter Clan, Cowgirl Hats?! It all looks like such great fun. Thanks for taking time to blog about it so we can see the many wonderful adventures you're having. Lily would have loved to be at the climbing station with your girls. We're hoping Curtis made it to you safely. Have a fantastic two more weeks!! :) Love ya!
Glad you are blogging while you are gone! Looks like such a fun time! You look cute in a cowgirl hat!
thanks for letting me tag along on your stampede day (and at the lake!) Lots of cute pictures :)
I love seeing pictures of your trip. That cowgirl hat picture has to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. so glad your having a blast. Can't wait to see you.
That drive did seem endless, but I am glad that we did it together! It is totally worth it once we get there! I was happy that we got to go to the stampede together this year. Great memories of Mike and Graham shaving their legs and do the ab cruncher - halarious, thanks for posting it! Love us cowgirls, miss everyone already! That was quite a group of children we took, but so much fun!
Mel, I just love all of the pictures you took. The one of the two boys getting their hair removed was hilarious!! What a fun day and night!
Post a Comment