Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Canada Day, EH!

This post is dedicated to all my fellow Canadian families. Happy Canada Day to everyone up there! You would be proud of us for celebrating even though it was Lindsey and Laura's idea. Way to go girls! I have set a new goal for the years to come..make a bigger deal about this day if we are still in the states! This would be very appropriate since there are 4 of us that are Canadian..Curtis, me, Carter and Caden..yep..and we're proud of it!

This is Lindsey's fabulous creation..a Canadian maple leaf strawberry cake..YUM!
Look at these sweet children! We had fun swimming and eating hot dogs over at Lindsey's house. It's perfect that the 3 Canadian boys are closest to the flag..didn't even plan that one! Sorry we missed getting cute baby Liam in the picture!
Lindsey, who is my dear sweet niece and my children's amazing cousin, took Emery and Ella all day to her preschool where she works. That girl sure knows how to give a mother a break! Thanks so much Lindsey. I love you..how is it that you always escape picture time?! AND especially today of all days..you were so patriotic in your red and white! We'll get you next time! Also, as I am writing this she is probably still up with my boys for a sleepover that they could not stop talking about all week! Pretty cool that she has the "kid" touch!

11 comments:

Nate and Erin Russell said...

I am jealous in so many ways. I want to be there for a Canada Day party and I want Lindsey to take Rachael out. :( I miss everyone but I'm glad you all had fun!

Hasslers said...

Way to go, Mel! That was way better than me! I miss Canada too, it is a wonderful country. That was a great post, you patriotic girl, you. Love the cake, and Lindsey is so sweet with your children! Can't wait to see you!

Tonya said...

We'll miss you while you're gone to Canada...have a fun time and keep the blog posts coming!

Gifford's said...

Cute pictures I love the cake, what a cute idea!!

Jenny said...

Happy Canada Day! That cake looks great. Good job that you guys celebrated!

Lyndsi said...

Way to show your Canadian Pride! Looks like such a fun celebration. Lindsey is such a sweetheart. We hope you have a grand time in Canada! We'll miss you guys! :)

Sheers said...

What a fun celebration. I'm totally impressed you guys went all out. I love the Canadian cake - what a clever idea! Soon you will be Canada to celebrate with me. WOO HOO!

Esplin 5 said...

Cute cake! It looks like your having so much fun already. See you next month.

Kathryn said...

Happy Canada day! Hope you guys have fun up there! We'll miss you!

Sarah Jimenez said...

Happy Canada Day! That cake looks delicious. You guys are too cute.

Unknown said...

I can just hear your voice saying, EH! LOL!