We were so excited to be on our way to our traditional summer vacation spot..Alberta, Canada! We stopped along the way..to Kaysville ofcourse so we could celebrate the 4th of July! Cynthia signed us up for a 10 K race that morning which went well. Our goal was to complete it in 54 minutes and we came in just over 52. Yeah! Later that morning we attended the Kaysville parade. It was fun and interesting. There were chairs and blankets set up everywhere the night before so we were all prepared to sit and enjoy...didn't happen. The crowd all stood up for the whole entire hour and a half. This was probably because they threw out a lot of candy and prizes. But what was the point of saving all those seats. Oh well, we still had loads of fun. On Friday and Saturday evening we hung out at Spencer and Lori's. We enjoyed yummy food..especially the desserts! Cynthia and Lori are both great chefs. The children had a blast climbing this awesome tree behind their house. It was quite the clubhouse. A game of street hockey was enjoyed by all the boys, especially from our Carter! Emmy and Ella even joined in. Sydney was the beautician doing hair and nails. Evey was in her element using the bbq brush as her own personal hair brush, sticking her little hands into an aquarium full of dead frogs, and hitting her little cousin Samantha. What more fun could she have had?! All went well until the fireworks. Ella ended up getting burnt by a sparkler. The end of one broke off and landed on the top of her foot. Poor thing. She was screaming. It ended up causing a little hole in her skin. I wish I could have experienced the burn for her. She is now on the mend thank goodness! Then when we got home to the Hasslers to put the children in bed we discovered that their power was out. Ahhhh. Cynthia and Mike had a lot of light though. Their cute little pocket flashlights sure came in handy! It definitely was an adventure and memorable. The night before we left my sweetest friend, Lyndsi came by to drop these cute treat/activity bags to keep my children busy on the road. Isn't she great. The kids were SO excited to receive them. Thanks Lyndsi! We miss you!
Here we are in Spencer and Lori's backyard
Mike's sweet Harley! He brought it up on our LONG roadtrip to Alberta. Caden got to ride on it for 3 hours. Emery was jealous but at least she got this test drive before hand.
Yeah our race is completed..my cutie sista Cynth..love you!
Thank you to the Carter's and Hasslers for a most wonderful 4th of July celebration! We'll have to do it again next year!
8 comments:
We miss you around here! Glad you're having fun!
Wow a road trip all the way to Canada huh? I can't imagine! I don't even dare drive 2 hours north with all my little ones! Good for you! I hope you had a wonderful trip!
It was great to see pictures of some of your fun so far! Your little ones look so happy! I echo Kathryn- we certainly miss you here though. Keep having a wonderful time! Love you all!
I am so glad you are able to blog a bit while you are gone. I've been wondering how your vacation has been. So sad about little Ella, so great about your race and so much fun all around. Keep having great fun, miss you already!
Mel, so glad you made the long drive ok and that all is well. Glad your 4th was fun too. Poor little Ella, she has had some tough owies lately! Great job on your race too! You are awesome! Have fun and keep blogging while you are gone!
p.s. I think you could lengthen Curtis' honey-do list, he seems to be doing just fine. :)
Looks like you are having such a good time. Miss seeing you guys around.
That was such a fun weekend! Loved running with you, sista - you kept me going! We sure have had fun running our races together, we will have to keep it up! How fun for our children to be with their cousins playing together, what great memories for them! Glad that Ella's foot is getting better! I have a picture of her holding it just before it was lit, and I thought, if only I could snatch that from her.
You two sisters look so cute in your running outfits. Looks like you had a fun weekend together.
Post a Comment