Sunday, October 11, 2009

Evey's ready...

That's right, Evey is ready to be a "car washer". Anyone want to come by to get their car clean?..she's in business! She really does love our van. Not only does she clean it, she also loves to sit with her daddy and steer and she does NOT like to get out when we arrive at home. She loves to sit in all the seats, explore the cubbies, crumple up mommy's important receipts, eat old and disgusting crumbs off of the floor and who knows what else. That little character!


And she's ready for HALLOWEEN! Everyday this month when she sees spiders, ghosts, pumpkins, decorations, etc, she shouts, "Halloween"! It's just soooo cute! One of our neighbors has large spiders out front and everytime we pass by Evey says, "black weedo" (black widow). She loves bugs and bug books. So funny! My sweet sister Cynthia sent Evey this adorable outfit. Don't you just love it. So, ofcourse I had to make bows to accessorize it!



Evey is also ready to be 2 even though her mommy is not. She is 22 months now and has been saying that she is 2 for the past 5-6 months. Every time we ask her how old she is, she'll reply with "two". She says any word you ask of her except for "one". We have worked and worked on this but nope, she's as determined as ever to stick to being "two". I wonder when she does turn 2 if she'll keep with it?!
She is now talking in sentences like, "I want some", and "I want a turn". The other night Evey woke up around midnight. At first she was sad but once she was awake she could not stop talking. I layed her down several times to go back to sleep but she would just cry and I didn't want the other kids to wake up so I just layed on the floor beside her crib. Well, she had story after story to tell me. Her stories come in one word chunks but I got the idea, "Mommy, Caden, trampoline, owie, finger." Another one, "Balloon, outside, sky, bye-bye." A few days previous she had let go of her helium balloon and was so surprised and shocked that it just kept floating higher and higher. Poor thing. She hasn't been able to stop talking about it since. Another one, "Halloween, ghost, dark, carry(scary)." I think I started falling asleep during her stories because all of a sudden she peered over the crib looking down at me and shouted, "mommy, WAKE-UP"! I don't think I was responding properly. I just got such a kick out of her. Finally, at about 1 am I just had to leave the room and let her cry for a minute. She soon fell asleep. I guess it was good for her to get her thoughts out. I realized from this experience how much she is growing up. I don't love that fact but at least each stage of her little life is exciting for us to witness. We just love her dearly!

15 comments:

Lyndsi said...

We love Evey!!! What a little cutie - so grown up with her car washing abilities and ever expanding vocabulary. :) How did our babies grow so quickly, Mel?!

Tonya said...

Loved this post! Evey is such a sweetie-pie! You will cherish these cute memories as the years go by! Taylor and I were just marveling at how big Lily, Maycie and Evey are all getting these days! Just wait until they're 14!!! YIKES!!

Kathryn said...

What a cutie patootie! I just love watching her. She's gotten so big so fast. I love it too when my kids start putting words together. Its so sweet.

Angie Stewart Black said...

Is there any way we could put a stop on time? They do grow so fast and you don't realize it until they are growing out of a stage! I Love her halloween outfit with the matching bows...(of course)... They are at a fun stage. Wish they could stay this little FOREVER!!

Staci Davies said...

Love that she's got the sunglasses and is hard at work ;) She's such a doll.

Wilsons said...

oh she is too cute! I love it when they are passionate from such a young age - i remember when Libby was that age she wanted to be a starfish when she grew up. Their stories and how they process things are just so interesting!

Woodwards said...

Hilarious her conversations with you at night! Too funny! Even though they were one word pieces, you can totally visualize what she was saying! That's so fun!
Love. Evey. Cute. Girl. Mommy Mel. Love her too. :-)

Jenny said...

What a cute girl Evey is!! I love her new little outfit and those bows are awesome. I got a bit teary eyed reading this, because it made me realize that Jensen, like Evey, is growing up to fast. They really do grow up fast and want to be big kids. I love that she needed to tell you those stories.

Katie said...

What a sweet post, Melanie. I love the late night conversation. I can see it and your cute responses to her. I am sure I would be grunting and not cherishing as you did. Thanks for the lesson of the day, you are so wonderful.

Josie said...

What a cutie pie! I love the her "stories", so cute. And what a cute Halloween outfit too, and of course darling bows!

Crystal said...

What! She's almost 2! She is so adorable. I can't get enough of her little grin. It seriously seems like you just barely had her.

Hasslers said...

We love Evey! She has the funnest little personality! In her sunglasses and diaper, working away - classic! I love how she says black weedo - will have to get her to say it to us at Halloween! Fabulous bows, Mel, she looks so stinkin cute in her Halloween attire! I loved reading your description of her late night chatter session - halarious that she had to wake you up! I was sad about her balloon too!

April said...

She's got a real future ahead of her! Aiming high! That is so cute!! When Collin see's something Halloween-ish he says "smooky" instead of spooky. Kids are the best!
-April

Unknown said...

Oh I just want to eat her up!!!

Whitney and Chris said...

She is such a doll! All of your kids are darling! I admire you and your little family so much! I really feel so blessed to live in a ward with so many amazing ladies to look up to! Thanks so much for always being such a wonderful example to all of us newbie mommies!