Saturday, November 14, 2009

Caden's Pajama fun!

For Caden's 9th birthday he invited friends over for some pajama fun.  There were pajamas and there was fun but I'm not so sure FUN was in mom's vocabulary.  However, I am still glad to have done it for him and was glad for the end result.  Mom is not good at entertaining lots of boys.  Oh well.....

The invitation..Caden's request



and the "pillow" treat sent home to the kids..it's filled with candy

 I love Caden's classic faces..he is defintely a boy with expression!

I am so embarssed about this shameful pajama shirt cake.  It was thrown together way too quick with things I had around the house.  SO sorry Caden to have made it Christmas colors.  The great thing about Caden though is that it didn't matter one ioda to him..thank goodness.

We played freeze dance in the basement with black lights, flashlight tag in the backyard, opened presents and had cake..ya know..the usual!  We love you Cade!  Thanks for being so much fun!

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

Melanie, you're such a cute mom. I'm always so impressed with the fabulous birthday parties you throw for you kids. They are always so creative and cute! I love the new look of your blog and the cute family pictures!

Lyndsi said...

Mel! LOVE the new look - it's great to see the wonderful new pictures of your cute, cute family! And what a great Birthday boy Caden is - his face is priceless when he is opening his gifts! Sure love that boy!! I told you before how cute and clever your invites and favors were. You are amazing in every way. Your children are so blessed to have you. We love you all!!!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Seems like I haven't seen you forever!!! I LOVE your new family picture. How darling! What a creative BD party you guys had. You have got to be the most creative person I have ever met in my entire life. You have so much talent. Now with that said.... can you come and plan Jayden's 8th BD party???? Love ya!

Wilsons said...

Wow, you are so creative and have such cute ideas - I can totally tell you and CHelsea are sisters! And I love the Elder Wirthlin quote, too. Sounds like a fun party!

Woodwards said...

You're so creative Melanie! Your kids are lucky you are the Mom! Love you sissy!

Hasslers said...

Okay... LOVE your new blog look - hey can Lydnsi help me out too, I need a serious blog face lift - hee hee. Your pajama invitation is so cute, Mel! You are the birthday party mama - fun party favors and cake, and stop apologizing, it looks awesome! My kids get cupcakes and are happy with that! Love Caden's halarious face when he is opening the present. What a fun party!

Jenny said...

Mel, you did such a great job. You are so creative and fun. What a great idea - and what are you talking about that the cake didn't turn out. It is so good. You are amazing - love ya.

Sheers said...

Love the invitation! How creative.
And ummm...sorry...but FUN is in your vocabulary for just even having the party and entertaining the kids.
Caden's expressions are awesome! Happy Birthday!