I'm finally starting to wrap up December. I have just a few more posts to go. I just love all the celebrating that we do and I especially love celebrating Christmas Day because of the joy I feel as I see my little ones' faces light up. They were as cute as ever. The boys were awake first around 6 am. However, we didn't realize that they were awake as they were given strict instructions to remain in the basement until we let them out. I had my cell phone by my bed and told them to call me on it if it was past 7. Oh, those poor boys. How I remember experiencing the aniticipation and how long it seemed to take. Curtis woke the girls at 7, so off we went! It was pure delight. They all came charging into the room and Evey seemed to know right where her stuff was. She headed right to her "chicken" (kitchen). The girls were screaming and the boys had some ooos, and ahhhs. So fun!
Here they are hard at work! We try to have them open a gift one at a time so that I can mentally note what they were given. So, we managed alright. These aren't the best pictures but they're all I've got :)
We were happy to have Grandma and Grandpa Hancock along for the ride. Grandma got this snuggy (a blanket with arms and a pocket). Wasn't she so kind to share!
The wonderful aftermath. Mom's thinking, "where will it all go?" I love Evey's expression here.
Grandma and Grandpa treated us to a yummy Christmas breakfast of Eggo waffles, bacon, egg nog, and orange juice...mmmmm. Thanks, we loved it!
Another Christmas to remember! How can it not be so wonderful. We really are blessed to be able to give to our children and to give them the knowledge of our Savior's birth. Merry Christmas everyone!
9 comments:
Yay! What a wonderful celebration. I find I'm looking forward even more to your blog posts now that I'm not seeing you each week. Love to see your cute smiles. Keep 'em coming...
So fun to see your Christmas pics Mel! Finally! Just teasing, you are doing so good posting all your loads of December celebrations. Looks like the kids got some fun things and I too love Evey's face, what a cutie she is! So glad you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!
What a wonderful Christmas at the Hancock house! Evey's expression is darling - so excited! That breakfast looks delicious, and how wonderful that the Hancocks could be there to celebrate with you guys. I love the grandparents wrapped up in their snuggly blanket! Too cute how Evey calls her kitchen, her chicken! Claire saw these pictures, and wants to come join the girls in thier play with their new Christmas toys! Glad you had such a wonderful holdidays - we love you guys!
I love that Evey calls the kitchen her chicken! Hilarious! At our house, pretzels are still sometimes called pepp-ills. Tee hee. Looks like Christmas was really fun! I love how you have those red stockings and white letters too. Those must have really made an impressions on us as kids because quite a few of us have replicated those for our own families!
We'll be calling you today to make sure we wish Ella a happy birthday!
Wow! I love the picture of the aftermath, it instantly sent a nervous twinge up my spine because that's the only thing I don't like about Christmas, the clean up and deciding were everything is going to fit. I love the snuggie, and how cute that Evey calls it the Chicken! I love you guys!
Um....love the snuggie! Who doesn't want one of those bad boys?? I love that I saw our Christmas card on your pantry door. I can feel the love from here. Looks like you had a wonderful holiday! I'm sad that it comes and goes so fast :(
We're so glad you had a happy Christmas! I love every picture of your precious children unwrapping their gifts and what a treat to have Grandma & Grandpa H. there for the fun. Every celebration is so special at your home. Sure love you all - and next year our Christmas Eve breakfast will not be missed (unless someone has the stomach flu - aaahh!!)
Wow looks like such a fun Christmas and mmmmmm that breakfast sounds so good - can you tell I'm hungry! I love how you had all the presents set up!! I love Christmas morning - it tends to fly by though!
I agree with you - how can Christmas not be wonderful? It just is! I loved all your pictures and the description of Evey with the "chicken." You had it set up great with all the presents and stocking laid out just perfectly. That Santa does a great job too. ;)
Glad you guys had a good Christmas and you're right - it's never too late!
Post a Comment