Sunday, May 2, 2010

Evey the Easy?

I can't let another post go by without acknowledging our cute and sweet little 2 year old.  Life has been great for her at this age!  Even though Evey is busy, curious, and gets into a lot of things, it sure is easy to love her!  We know this busy stage won't last forever so we try to enjoy the not so easy moments because of it.

Evey was sure easy to potty train.  Wow, it was a breeze compared to the other four.  I started her only one month after she turned 2.  I felt she was more ready than the others were, so why not and the thought of NOT buying diapers after almost 11 years..um, ya!  I did almost give up though.  About the 4th day of accidents I tried to put a diaper back on her and she had nothing to do with that.  She wanted to wear her big girl panties.  So on the 5th day, she caught on and with a few slips here and there, she has been great ever since.  She even goes all night in her underwear.  I'm so glad it all worked out.  I am completely loving being out of the diaper stage!  My sister, Cynthia and I figured that I spent close to $3,000.00 on diapers.  Crazy.  Say no more!!!

Here's our easy girl..

...a not so easy girl. 
uh oh, mom's mascara.  Evey LOVES to try mom's makeup often!
brown sugar anyone?

Evey got her first official hair cut in March.  Our good friend and neighbor Stefani cut it and gave her some darling bangs.  Doesn't she look adorable!



We love this cute girl through easy and not so easy moments.  She makes us smile and laugh every day!

6 comments:

Tonya said...

Love, love, love Evey! Can't believe how fast she is growing up! If I ever want to put Taylor in a good mood all I have to do is mention Evey and she gets this enormous smile on her face. Show her a picture and she melts! What a sweetie!

Kathryn said...

She is so darling! I know why you all adore her so much. That pic of her after her haircut is so cute. I was laughing at the makeup mishap...judging from the smears she knew what she was doing! What a fun age...she is growing up so fast.

Josie said...

What a sweetie pie that Evey is! I can't say that I blame her, brown sugar is pretty tasty! Too funny with the mascara, looks like she knows what she's doing though, she just needed to grab a different tube for her lips! And I love those curls on her, so cute! We are so glad we know Evey and we love her too!

Angie Stewart Black said...

This post had me smiling thru most of it. She is so cute Melanie. I can't believe how grown up she looks. Where did the time go? Love love the make up pictures.

Lyndsi said...

We love you Evey!! You are a delight in every way! Good job at making the potty training easy on your Mom - you are a pro! And you are little beauty with or without mascara. Such darling pictures, Mel. ;)

Hasslers said...

The picture of Evey with the mascara all over her face is the best, we all had a good laugh over that one! The one with the sugar - glad that was you and not me! Sometimes you just have to stand there and say - um.... where do I start? Evey is so cute and a busy, busy girl! Love how she has such a soft spot for uncle Mike and the other way around!