My brother got a new job. He was moving to Ohio. His family was staying behind to finish the school year. I wanted to find a way to say goodbye because I knew it would be a long time before I saw him again. The weather and road conditions weren't so hot but I said a prayer and we drove up to Kaysville.
I look up to Spencer in every way. He is selfless, positive, non judgmental, humble, kind, protective, and non contentious. He is the most amazing father I have ever known. His family, his kids are his life. He invests so much time into them. And quality time. He never complains and just does his best. He sees the good in others and gives all he's got. Everything he does is 100%, no less. What Christ like qualities. I love this man with all of my heart and I am so blessed to have him for my brother. He is a pure, pure soul.
Well, he made the move and worked in Ohio for a few months. He loved the new challenge and position he held. Things didn't work out for him. His family didn't want to move out there. He returned to his old job in Salt Lake City. It's a good thing for me, but I am sad for him. Spencer has taught me that I can do hard things. He is an incredible man of faith and strength. I love you Beanz!

There was an incredible amount of snow. Woa. My kids were EXCITED! We brought up our snow clothes. Yes, we actually own some and went to town. Big piles of fluffy snow are so beautiful to behold. I loved looking at this winter wonderland!
Man, do we ever have good times with the Hassler family! The crazy things we do to stay entertained. Ha ha! To spend a day in their home is like going to Disneyland for my children. They LOVE it!
I really enjoy doing my nieces' hair. Six heads of hair before church! Don't remember how long it took, but these girls look beeeautiful!
Time to play in this gorgeous white fluffy stuff! Fun fun! Ha ha Evey. This face has just become a part of her everyday life!
Sweet snow jump and sweet air!
We had a fabulous time with all of the Carter and Hassler cousins! Alex had some awesome moves that I put on youtube! He has no fear. It was very entertaining for me to watch! I didn't mind being the videographer, over being the sledder.
I did go down a few times though.
What an amazing weekend, full of special and treasured memories.






1 comment:
What a wonderful tribute to your brother. You also have each of those amazing, Christ like qualities my friend! I'm sure it meant the world to him that you made the drive up to see him and wish him well. The support your family gives to each other is so special. Sure love the courageous Carters!! :)
Post a Comment