I was absolutely thrilled to attend "Time out for Women" in Las Vegas last weekend! Tonya called me Friday afternoon remembering that I had previously expressed an interest in going sometime. She already had plans to attend with her sister and friend. Well, her sister was unable to go so I got the ticket. Yay! I must admit that I was a little nervous leaving my Evey behind. She did great though! The theme was "Joyful Life". It gave me such a lift that I am still flying high from it all! Hilary Weeks was the main musician. She spoke and sang inbetween the presenters. Hilary is very witty and funny. She kept cracking jokes about the audience members that were from "Hurricane". She threatened security on them. Too funny. It was such a treat to hear from everybody, Michael Wilcox, Chris Stewart, Virginia Pearce, Amanda Dickson and Pam Hansen. I just want to go buy all their books. Virginia and Amanda were my favorite speakers. Virginia is just so matter of fact that she makes living the gospel so simple. Amanda is HILARIOUS! We were in stitches. She is a 44 year old mother with 2 toddlers and 3 step children. She was poking fun that while she made her prenatal visits to the doctor, she was older than the grandma's who were there with their pregnant daughters. One thing that took me a while to clue into was that Chris Stewart is the author of the fictional books about the war in heaven. I have only read the first one and would like to keep reading. We laughed and we cried. It was all so good. I was glad that I took notes. Thanks Tonya for an uplifting adventure and thanks Curtis for a day off! When I got home the house was clean and the kids were in bed. Way to go Curt! I'll have to hire you again some time.
1 comment:
Thank you! The trip was so much fun and even better for friends! Glad you could make it and that we had such a blast! See you soon!
Post a Comment