Sunday, September 28, 2008

Relief Society Boost

Don't you just love the Relief Society broadcasts. It's so wonderful to feel and hear uplifting and encouraging messages. Annette and I went to the dinner the stake puts on before. They had soup in bread bowls. We sat with a group of ladies from our ward. It was fun getting to know some of them a bit better. One of them was Debbie Madsen who is our ward's RS president. I have a lot of admiration for her. Not an easy task yet she acts so upbeat and happy to do it. It's always neat to learn new and helpful tips from other women. That is what our conversation was centered on, coupon shopping, computer tid bits, how to make Halloween costumes, etc. Debbie was taking requests for things we want to learn at those homemaking meetings. We had fun chatting. I sure loved President Uchtdorf's talk on seeing the positive things that we do as women rather than the negative things. He is such an exciting and dynamic speaker...so easy to stay awake during his words. Hmmm...reminds me of someone I know...DAD! I also enjoyed the first counselor's talk on attending the temple. She too was energetic and happy. I guess it's those with an accent that I liked the most. Hee hee. I've now scored with 2 weekends in a row of spiritual events. Next weekend is general conference and then the weekend after is Caden's baptism. Life is full of these wonderful moments. I am "so seriously blessed!" :) Ha ha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so good at writing down your moments Melanie! I need to follow your example.