Sunday, June 28, 2009

Recording..take 2!

I was very lucky this week to have my second professional recording experience! My most amazing friend Lyndsi has honored me in requesting that I be a part of her upcoming Christmas CD. I played 3 piano solos and the accompianment for another. It was a bit nerve racking knowing that many others will be listening to it. However, Lyndsi was so patient and sweet as always in helping me through it. Our neighbors, the Robison's were sweet to let us use their beautiful baby grand. Thanks! I can't wait to hear and see the finished product..especially Lyndsi's songs. It's forever a treat to listen to her sing. Thanks again Lyndsi! Sorry I didn't use any of our pictures. I don't like them of me :(


8 comments:

Josie said...

Mel- you are so amazing! I loved being able to hear your beautiful music! Truly you are so talented, you were absolutely fabulous! It was such a fun night. I am so lucky I got to share it with you and Lynds! I am surrounded by such super talented friends! Can't wait to hear the finished product!

Hasslers said...

I can't wait to hear you on the CD! I love listening to you play the piano - you have such a beautiful touch on the piano! Wish I could listen to you everyday! You look quite professional on that white baby grand! Can't wait to see you in a few days - yay!

Lyndsi said...

Melanie - I hope you truly know what it means to me to have your beautiful piano work on this project. I just love to hear you play and I am so glad you were willing to take this on. THANK YOU! You played perfectly and I know your work will be loved by many! Love you!

Katie said...

Oh I am so excited to hear this. Last Christmas I was thinking that I would love to have a collection of Lyndsi with Christmas songs, so this is just the greatest bonus. I can't wait to hear it. You are truly talented and the mix of your two will be wonderful.

Unknown said...

I am so excited to hear it. You are amazing, I hope you know it. During choir I just love to hear you play.

Wilsons said...

Oh wow!! I can't wait to hear the CD (Chelsea let me listen to the last one) I bet it's amazing as I loved listening to you last time - Chelsea had to point out which vocals were yours and said that you can just harmonize automatically - so talented!

Jenny said...

That is so cool Mel!! Wow I'm looking forward to hearing it. What a nice piano too!

Sheers said...

That is SO stinkin' cool Mel. I'm am so excited to be able to hear you and have a CD. I love hearing you play and when I get the CD a little bit of you will be with me. :) Great pic...love ya!