Sunday, August 9, 2009

Calaway Park

This is a fun amusement park just outside of Calgary. Our kids look so forward to going. It is one of their most favorite activites of our Canadian adventure!
I don't have pictures of the older children since they ventured off with Curtis and some of the other adults. I stuck with the little ones..such cutie pies!
Corbin and Evey
"Stay in the Canadian purple boat, eh?" Curtis has rubbed off on me in imitating the Canadian accent, which my own family doesn't possess..so it's ok to poke fun :) I was instructing the children to remain in their seats which made Cynthia crack up!
Eden and Ella
Grandpa loves a good ride too!
Eden and Emmy on the mini roller coaster. Emery was looking forward ALL year to go on the bigger roller coaster but much to her disappointment was a hair too short! Darn..if only we had brought some taller shoes!
Ella and Kyleigh
Claire and Ella
This is most of our Calaway gang..waiting for others to line up for the log ride..a sure favorite..only a 90 minute wait that day..ugh!

What a fun day! We were at the park for 9 hours and it was HOT..for Calgary. Our children slept well that night and so did mom and dad! :)

8 comments:

Josie said...

What fun pictures Mel! So glad you guys had a great trip, looks like such a fun time. But glad you made it home safely!

Lyndsi said...

It looks like so much fun!! Love the picture of Evey in the boat - she's so happy! And the one of your Dad - what a great guy. So fun for your kids to have these great memories with their cousins and grandparents. We are glad you are home, however! :)

Esplin 5 said...

Sooo fun!! I love grandpa's face!

Angie Stewart Black said...

What fun! Makes me want to go there! you have the cutest family. Glad you had a fun trip. Good to have you back! Loved being with you today. We should do it every once in awhile!!

Hasslers said...

I just love the picture of Dad on the merry-go-round! Seeing the picture of all of us at the log rides makes me miss everyone so much! That was a very fun day - a definite favorite of my kids! Love the saying you coined "Stay on the purple Canadian boat, eh?" That was simply halarious! Love all the pictures of the little girls, what a fun day for them!

Jenny said...

Yes, what a great and fun day!! I just started laughing out loud when I red "stay in the purple Canadian boat eh"!! That is to funny!! You are so much fun Mel - I sure miss you guys.

Katie said...

I loved reading about this and seeing your cute kids, family and parents. Also, those mountains in the next post?! GORGEOUS!! I can see what you were saying about bears. How fun. I can't say it enough how happy we are that your home so I'll say it again. So happy you're home, thanks for sharing.

Sheers said...

I can still hear you say "purple canadian boat eh?!" - LOL! And that picture of dad is awesome. He always makes the best expressions in pictures. And even though the log ride was a 90 minute wait - it was worth it to see all those funny pictures of us coming down at the end. :) Miss you!