We enjoyed making a trip back to memory lane this summer. We have always enjoyed visiting the ever flowing and beautiful Elbow Falls. It's so wonderful that it is only 40 minutes outside of Calgary. So we, and all the cousins ventured on out for a picnic lunch. It was 12 years ago in June that our engagement/invitation photo was taken here. I thought this was a neat comparison to show how much richer our lives have become...just like the falls, we are overflowing with blessings..5 little blessings that is. I sometimes have to pinch myself to realize what miracles our children are. Who would have thought that 12 years later we would be at the same location with our 5 sweet ones. I love them dearly and thank my Heavenly Father daily for bringing them into our lives.
Mike and Cynthia were the photographers for this one. They did a great job..I still LOVE this picture!
12 year later...another sister, Laurette took this shot..thanks sissy..it too is a keepsake!

Do you think we should have crawled out onto that rock behind us with all our little ones to get a closer shot..NOT! I was nervous enough keeping them within my arms length..ahh!
9 comments:
Wow that is really neat! I enjoyed reading that post Mel. Such a cool comparison. You are such a great Mom and have a beautiful family. I sure love you guys.
"melanie loves warm sunny days, kittens when they play, dancing cheek to cheek, and hugs. and sheeee looooves yooou toooo!" 12 years ago... that is pretty crazy! love and miss you all
That is so awesome! You are a great family!!!!
Oh, I just LOVED reading this!! What a beautiful way to describe your sweet and amazing family, and how special to recognize the blessings life has given you and Curt these last 12 years - most importantly, those 5 beautiful children! We love each one of you dearly. We are so grateful for your examples!
OH I love it! You guys look so different, yet so much the same! How fun to go to the same place for a picture with your kids! I'll have to steal that idea :) LOVE IT!
Looks like you have had a fun summer! I love the pics! Beautiful then beautiful now!
I love your invitation photo. You guys look so cute :).
You're so fun! I have enjoyed making bows with you. We need to hang out sometime. What an awesome idea to have your picture done at the same place...I think my spot has turned into a 4 way street with a stoplight! Funny huh? Well, I guess that is still a little romantic LOL!
That's so fun that you did that! You sure do have such a wonderful family, and adoreable children - just love them! I still remember when we took your engagement picture, that was such a fun night - what a great idea to take a comparison photo! Such a beautiful location. Love and miss you guys!
That is a neat comparison Mel! I love both pictures and seeing them side by side. I love your 5 little blessings too!
Post a Comment