It all started out the day before at mom and dad's house. We enjoyed a delicious roast beef dinner with all the trimmings. Yummy angel food cakes for dessert with real whip cream and strawberries. Mom sure knows how to please our tummies! There were 35 people in attendance. We had fun in their spacious backyard visiting and chasing the children or watching the children chase each other!

3 beautiful ladies whom I cherish dearly..Cynth, Mom, Aunt Dianne..
and more ladies whom I cherish also..my sweet sisters!
This is Cynthia sporting her latest shell for her miche purse..from Marth and Jenny
On Monday the 20th, Chelsea and I planned a day of fun for the kids. We met at a grocery store to buy lunch. We divided into groups and gave each of the children a loonie. Each group had to come up with a portion of the lunch. We ended up with cheese buns, chips and more chips, blueberries, and pop..not bad! You should have seen the stares from strangers passing by..just hilarious. I, myself would stare at a large group of 20 + kids at the store and wonder why...:) Then we met at Fish Creek Park to chow down!
Cynthia and her sweet daughters after opening some gifts..she got a new pair of shoes from them.
"Bananarama" was next, a scavenger hunt that our dad created years ago for the youth. It is a game where the players are given a list of items to measure with the length of a banana. It was great fun. My favorite parts were the birthday girl being measured and strangers' bikes and dogs..the kids would swarm to them like a pack of wolves. I just had to laugh the whole entire time!



4 comments:
Mel, you are awesome! You did a whole post on me?! Well, I must say, I feel so sincerely honored (I was saying that in Lady and the Tramp's beaver voice! I just LOVED this post - hee hee:) Thank you for making my day so special - how lucky and blessed am I - that I get to spend my birthday around my cherished family? Loved the pot luck lunch and bananaramma, it was so much fun! You and Chelsea are so creative and thoughtful! The night out together was the best - who can beat sisters, delicious food, a chick - flick, laughing, talking, presents, and love? I mean, who could beat that list? Sure love and miss you, Sis!
Sisters are the BEST!
Mel, I love the title!! I just started laughing - I could picture you saying it. What a really great post! I love how you are separating everything we did. You got so many awesome pictures. I obviously only really had my camera on the hiking day. That bananarama was a blast. I love that picture of you Stink being measured. What a fun sister you are!! Thanks Mel for being so great at taking pictures - and I love reading all your posts
I love your title - alive at 35! What a great day it was to celebrate with her and it did turn out so fun. I'll have such fun remembering the night before sitting downstairs on my computer with you trying to figure out something to do. I loved having the girls night out - SO much laughing and fun!
Post a Comment