Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Calgary Zoo

This was another great activity for our family! We always enjoy visiting the animals..especially the HIPPOS which are grandpa's favorite. Ofcourse I don't have a picture of them but they were spectacular!
Cousin Jenna was super at helping with Evey that day..thanks Jenna!



We were quite distracted on this trip as Emery got stung by a wasp during lunch time. The poor girl got stung as she was running to me when I called her to come for a bathroom break. She was just screaming because she saw it stinging her leg. My poor Emmy. She was a trooper though. Grandma quickly came to her rescue with some cool mud to rub on it. A first aid person was next offering an"after bite" wipe. It took Emery about an hour to start feeling better. I think in the end she was very excited to share her story and couldn't wait to tell her dad and brothers who were off camping.
She's still got a smile for the camera after the nasty bite..what a tough girl!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Poor little Emmy. I felt so bad for her. She really was a trooper - what a great girl you are Emmy. We sure love you!

Hasslers said...

I felt so bad for Emmy - the worst part was that she was listening to her mom - poor girl! She was a wasp bite survivor - loved how she wanted to tell her story, so cute. The Calgary Zoo sure is a fun place to visit each summer, and Dad makes it alot of fun with his hype of the hippos.

Lyndsi said...

Em, you are just so sweet! I'm so sorry you had to get a nasty bite. Way to go for being so brave. Love the picture with Grandma!