Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Hostesses with the Mostest!

On every summer vacation to Canada we get to stay at the most fun and amazing homes! I like to call it musical homes! We prefer this way over any hotel and just love the company. We have wonderful family all over the place who are so welcoming to us as we make our way to a holiday! Thanks everyone for the fabulous time you provided for us! Here are the places we stayed at:

The ever "Helpful Hasslers"
The most "Rockin' Romerils"
The calm, collected, and "Cool Carters"
The senior "Charismatic and Comforting Carters"
The warm and "Heartfelt Heggies"...
along with the senior "Harmonious Hancocks"..
..and finally a van we stayed in for a few minutes belonging to our hero and rescuer, the "Diligent Darin"
Yes, it's embarassing to say that our van broke down on our LONG trip home right at exit 16. We were only 3 miles away. Even though it was a bit of a bummer to be that close, it also turned out to be a big blessing. So, thank you Darin for rescuing the "Haggard Hancocks". We were happy to return home safely and were grateful that you helped us do so.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Mel you are so good at making up cool names!! I enjoyed reading that post!! We had fun having you guys stay with us. My kids just love your kids. You guys are the best!

Lyndsi said...

Oh Mel! I'm just cracking up - you are too much! :) I just love all of your oh so creative names for everyone - especially "Diligent Darin!" Boy, will he be thrilled - ha ha!! I'm so glad you guys weren't too far when your van quit - and that Dare could help to get you HOME!! Sure love you all! :)

Josie said...

I love it Mel! I am still laughing! Seriously you are extremely talented! And I love your candid shot of "Diligent Darin". That is so fun that you get to stay with all of your fam on your trip. I am sure that is half the fun. Seriously, love it! I'm still laughing.

Hasslers said...

You are so creative with your fun descriptions! It is so fun to stay with family, that is when you really get to know one another! Great shot of Darin carrying your stuff, halarious. It was truly a miracle that your van broke down so close to home, and that your sweet friends could help you out!

Sheers said...

Mel - I love all your cute family titles. :) And what a great idea to get pictures with all the hosting families. I'm glad you were kept safe on your way home and that you broke down so close to home so "Diligent Darin" could rescue you!