Sunday, September 13, 2009

The "Switch Off"

On the way home from our summer trip to Canada the Utah Hancocks and Hasslers switched living spaces for a few days. I took Abby and Ethan and replaced them for Cynthia with Carter and Emery. Get it? We had a blast converting the 2 Hassler kids into Hancock kids! So fun!

Here are the new "Hancocks and Hasslers". What do you think?
This is what we did in the Hancock home. Entertainment from the ever serious rock band that sang a new arrangement of the Transformers theme song! We also enjoyed swimming lots!
This is what went on in the Hassler home. A trip to the Hogle Zoo..
and a favorite of Emmy's, a trip to East High..the real school off of High School Musical
Thanks Mike and Cynthia for spoiling my kids. They had a great time. We'll have to carry on the "switch-off" tradition next year! Except maybe next time can I be a Hassler?! hmmm..a Hancock household w/o a mom..we'll see :)

6 comments:

Josie said...

OOOOHHH!!! How fun for Emery to visit East High! Very cool! It would be like us getting to visit Forks! I'd be pretty excited about that!

Staci Davies said...

Looks like you have such a fun family, and what memories from being in Canada.

Jenny said...

Wow that is pretty neat that they got to see the real school off of High School Muscial. What a fun idea!

Hasslers said...

That was so fun for our kiddios! They feel very indepedant going on their own to their cousins home. Thank you for spoiling my kids - they just love swimming! What wonderful summer memories for them.

Sheers said...

What a fun idea to do a switch off and so much fun for your kids! I bet they'll always remember that. I love that rock band picture - they're so serious. Way to rock out guys!

The King Family said...

Melanie, you are so cute and so good with your crazy words. Your family is absolutely adorable! I can't believe Emery got to go to East High - my kids would be jelous. Your picts in Canada look like you guys had so much fun. And for you to handle that ride, wow, I am impressed! It's been fun looking at your blog again. So glad to be your neighbor, I sure love ya!