Sunday, September 6, 2009

Magrath..my birthplace

It's great fun to visit the tiny town of Magrath each summer. Brenda, Curtis' sister lives there. It is the wonderful place where I was born so I always enjoy going there. We had a busy week filled with fun activities. Here's a bit of what we experienced:

Carter and Caden rolled Grandma Hancock's coins. They got quite the cash from this!
The boys and their dad enjoyed "Magrath Days"..a weekend parade and activites.
The results of the parade..candy galore! Cousins Adelae and Owen had just as much fun collecting!
They also enjoyed the airshow in Lethbridge with Uncle Wayne and Grandpa H.
We had fun "smore roasting" in Brenda and Wayne's backyard. Baby Jack is in this picture..so cute!Ofcourse the little girls had to try on Adelae's dress-ups! Thanks for sharing Adelae!
What would our trip be like if we didn't hit our favorite wave pool at the Ramada in Lethbridge..always a summer highlight!
A joyous one year old celebration of cousin Erin and Nate's Rachael!
And a ride in Uncle Wayne's cement truck...a treat for sure!
The things I love about Magrath are Brenda and Wayne and The Blue Goose. Brenda and Wayne are so welcoming and warm. We always feel so comfortable in their home..THANK YOU! The Blue Goose has the BEST icecream slurpees (like an icee..sort of) and delicious Puff Wheat squares..YUM! I think I gained 5 pounds that week. Oh well..the summer just wouldn't be the same without these things. Thanks Heggie's for a most wonderful time!

8 comments:

Hasslers said...

What wonderful in-laws you have, Mel! What a fun week to spend doing exciting things. Wo - that is quite the candy haul from the parade! Love small town parades for that reason. I am sure Carter and Caden loved the coins - I can picture them faithfully rolling them, too cute!

Josie said...

How fun Mel! It's so fun to hear all about your big trip and where you are from. Thanks for sharing!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Can I come on one of your trips? You look like you guys have so much fun. I love the picture of the little girls all dressed up. I can't wait for those days to come! Looks like you have a really close family. How wonderful.

Woodwards said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun! That's awesome! Love ya!

Jenny said...

Looks like so much fun. I agree with Cynth you have great in-laws!! We should hit Magrath parade next year looks like they got quite the loot!

April said...

That's so great that you got to go home and be with family. I bet the weather was nice! I've enjoyed seeing you during the week at various stores!! Take care.
-April

Lyndsi said...

Love all the pictures of yet another grand adventure for your family! The kids look so happy at the wave pool - I know mine would be too! Every day looks fun-filled and fabulous!! :)

Sheers said...

Looks like you had a great time. I loved all the pictures. Corbin would have gone crazy over that truck and airplane. Maybe we'll have to hit that air show next year. :) I've had ice cream slurpees before too - they're good eh? :)