Saturday, September 26, 2009

School Days!

School days have been here for more than a month. But at least I'm still posting about it, right? We had 2 children that were so so so excited to start. Then we had one that was quite nonchalant about the whole situation and then another that protested quite clearly. I think it has to do with their age. The younger you are, the more exciting it will be! Yup..the girls were the most excited and Caden was like, "whatever" and Carter...well..not so excited to start. However, now that they are all in their routine everyone is thriving and doing quite well.

Horizon Elementary rocks!
Carter's 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Ott. I love that she doesn't pile on the homework.
Caden's 3rd grade teacher, Mr. Stocking. He is so easy going and fun. It's cool that Caden now has Carter's previous teacher! Mr. Stocking has commented on how different they are and has been nice to say that they are both very good boys.
Emery's 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Jarvis. We love how organized and quick she is!
Ella's preschool teacher, Miss Annette. Yay, we are so happy to be at "Little Gems" finally! Annette is our dear friend and is so sweet with the kids!
Ella's lucky this year to have her best friends, Sinjin and Luke as classmates!
As for mommy and Evey..we like to be buddies and hang out at home together. Evey loves to spend her time reading books, coloring all over herself and tearing the house apart. I just love that little girl! I really miss my kids when they are at school. I had the hardest time adjusting to Emery being gone ALL day! I did not like it one bit and highly considered keeping her home forever :) She is such a sweetheart. Her schedule is quite an adjustment this year. She is very tired these days. I hope she soon recovers to her old self again.
I am very thankful that my children have wonderful teachers and have a great place to be. So here's to another school year...CHEERS!
Oh and before I close this lovely post, I must note that the children were privileged to receive a Father's blessings from their dad a few days before their first day. This is a little record of what was said:
Evey: She was blessed to have fun and to learn to talk with big words. She was also blessed to be good for her mom.
Ella: She was blessed to learn and grow, to be good for her teacher, to have fun with friends, to choose the right, and to have an open mind.
Emery: She was blessed to learn things that would help for years ahead, to have an open mind, to learn to read really well, to have fun with friends, and to be good for her teacher.
Caden: He was blessed to understand what he would read, to learn to read even better, to grow and be more knowledgable, to learn about the moon and world, to make right choices and to be good for his teacher.
Carter: He was blessed to apply this year's knowledge to middle school next year, to become an acceptable person in society, to understand his teacher, to have fun with friends, to have health and strength, to not get frstrated, and to grow in reading and math.
I am so thankful to have the gift of the priesthood in our home. Thank you Curtis for giving us such a wonderful experience. We love you very much.

13 comments:

Nate and Erin Russell said...

uhh... carter in middle school next year?! thats weird. i'm glad they're all doing well in school, you have some pretty cute kids!

Jana said...

It sounds like the kids have lots to look forward to with great blessings like those. It must be quiet for most of the day now that the other four are in school well mostly! Cute pics, Mel, and thanks for the comments! You are so sweet to see what we are up to.

Josie said...

Cute post Mel! Glad they are all doing well with the adjustments of a new school year. What a change to 1st grade! I think Pierson and I are both doing better with it than I expected. And SO weird, the thought of you having a kid in middle school next year. Um, I don't think you're old enough for that. Yes, yes, very weird indeed.

Lyndsi said...

Yes - I loved reading this too! Your kids are each so sweet with their teachers, and how thoughtful to record their special blessing promises. They are blessed to have such loving, inspired parents in you and Curt. They are going to have a great school year!

Tonya said...

Ok. I about hit the floor when you said Carter would be at the Intermediate School next year!! I'm just going to forget you said that for a while. It's hard enough for me to think I will have a HS freshman next year. Yikes!

Jenny said...

What a good idea to take pictures of the kids teachers. I would have liked to look back at my teachers and see what they looked like. Looks like they have a great school.

Angie Stewart Black said...

Are you really old enough to have a child that age? You look so great and soooooooooooooo young!! That is a cute idea to do pics with the teachers. I should have done it at the first of the year and now I will have to wait until the end...by then...Jayden's teacher might not be all smailes!! LOL!!

Woodwards said...

Love that you take a picture of your kids with their teacher. I need to start doing that. Your kids are adorable!

Love you awesome sissy!

Wilsons said...

oh thats so wonderful - I miss my Libby when she's at school, too - and she's only gone for a few hours! I'm glad your kids got such nice teachers this year.

Crystal said...

Such sweet father's blessings. I am sure your kids will always cherish those moments. I can't believe its just you and Evey sometimes. Your kids are all so adorable!

Unknown said...

I cant believe that our oldest son's are going to be in Intermediate school next year! Let's just freeze time right now, it would stay perfect forever! Right! I love teaching Ella, she is a doll! She loves school so much and is excited about everything we do! I am so excited to share this year with you guys! Two of our kids are in the same class this year, and the other two are in the same grade! How weird! You guys are such good friends, we love you!

Hasslers said...

What a lovely post, Mel! Wonderful to capture those school moments. I agree with you, first grade is a hard adjustment, I don't like them being gone all day either! I had to laugh when you said Evey is busy coloring herself - too funny! Busy little girl! I love that you recorded their blessings - what a great idea!

The King Family said...

Loved your post and the pictures of your kids. They are all so adorable. AND, the father's day blessings are so sweet. What a darling little family you guys are. We are so lucky to live by you. Sure love ya!