

This is serious stuff..are there anymore?!
Evey was drawn to the dirt in the flower beds..ofcourse..now why didn't I think of such fun!I grew up with lovely vegetable and fruit gardens. I sure didn't appreciate it then but boy do I ever now. I love the taste of cooked garden carrots and peas splashed with a bit of mint..mmm. Also, my other favorite are fresh raspberries and rhubarb..especially over icecream or made as a cake. Mom, your cooking couldn't get any better. Thanks for all the scrumptious food and for teaching us the value of gardening.
Reminiscient of my younger days I was privileged to shell some garden peas. These peas were picked out of love by grandma for my sweet daughter, Ella. She can eat them by the bowl full. Thanks mom..love you!


4 comments:
Look how lush and green those plants are compared to the wilted sticks and yellow leaves we seem to grow down here...what I wouldn't give to be able to grow raspberries!!! I love how you are slowly posting your trip! You guys look like you had so much fun!
Grandma's garden is amazing! And how right you are, Mel, we sure appreciate the fresh veggies much more as adults. I love how mom cooks them up too, yum! The picture of Caden and Ethan is halarious - they are so serious on foscused on their task!
Yes Mom's garden is awesome. And yes I agree with you Mel I didn't appreciate it until I was older as well. I love fresh fruit and veggies from the garden - mmmmmmmmm so good!
It's funny how as kids we hated gardening but now we all love those fresh fruits and veggies. Mmmm...I do love those fresh strawberries. I can't wait to try growing some in my garden boxes next summer!
Post a Comment