I tell ya, I am one lucky girl these days! I have been SO so lucky and blessed to have wonderful visitors come to my home. I just love it! Many months ago I had a dream to have all my sisters, sister-in-laws and mom come join me for Time Out For Women. I LOVE this event and was so excited to learn that it would be in St. George. Then the thought occured to me that everyone could stay at my house for the weekend. I only thought it was a dream and was just expecting a few girls to make it. Wow, was I wrong. It all worked out so perfectly and now we have all agreed to make it an annual tradition. I have to thank Dad who helped me get the ball rolling in the summer time. He came up with a plan and got everyone thinking and we all made it. Whew..it's hard to get away from home and make sure all your little ones are cared for. So, thanks ladies for making the effort. It was sure worth it. I was so very happy when I saw that white sequoia full of beautiful women pull up to my house. Was it real, you were actually at my house?! (many of these girls travelled all the way from Canada, an 18 hour road trip one way)
My sweet girls: Mom, Laurette, Jenny, Cynthia, Chelsea, Martha, Lori and Moi
We were lucky to meet Kenneth Cope after. He has amazing talent!
This was a unanimous vote, Hilary Weeks was our absolute favorite. She was in charge of the Fri. night session and was funny, spritual, and lovely to listen to! Her new Christmas CD is wonderful!
I would love to see Lyndsi Houskeeper as a Time Out performer! Lynds, you would be so amazing! It was fun to have you meet my sisters and come join us on Friday!Not only did we attend time out, we jammed in so many other activities like a giant sleepover, good food, shopping, a trip to Vegas to pick up mom, and a ridiculous movie! We were gone for 13 consecutive hours on Saturday. SO cool! Thanks husbands for letting us get our girl time. Five out of the 8 men were sick. So sorry guys. We were just glad that it wasn't us! :)
Such goofy girls! Jenny, you win the prize for your crossed eyes face...SO hilarious, LOL!
I can't wait for next year girls. What will it be, Logan or Salt Lake?!

6 comments:
Wow, I'm impressed! That sounds like such a great time! You're right, Lyndsi would be awesome!
What a fun time! I love seeing the picture with your Mom and sisters, what a cute bunch of girls, and so neat you were able to do that! And what good men to take care of the kids for you all. Glad you had so much fun. And YES! Lynds should definitely be a Time Out, performer! Just give her a few years, right Lynds?!
What a fun tradition you've started. Girl's night out type of things are so fun and rejuvenating. I'm glad that you had a wonderful time!
-April
That was one fantabulous weekened! Awesome idea, Mel - thank you so much for thinking of it! Thanks to Dad, too, for encouraging us all, and getting Mom there! My favorite was giggling during Time Out, I was so happy to be with all my sisters, and Mom! I totally agree, Hilary Weeks was the highlight, she is an uplifting speaker and musician. I think Lydnsi would be wonderful at time out. So glad that we are going to make this an annual tradiditon, and thanks for having us all, Mel - your bathroom was sure busy! Love your house! Jenny totally wins the prize for goofiest face - anytime I want a laugh, I am going to look at it!
Great idea Mel - it was so much fun!! Thanks for having us all!! I was such a great uplift for me and I felt that I could continue being a mom when I got back! Ya that face is pretty silly!!
These pictures are classic! What a special time for you to be together with your wonderful sisters and mom! You are a sweet, amazing group of ladies who certainly deserved a Time Out! Thanks for letting me join you on Friday. It was such a treat to meet ALL of your sisters and feel of the wonderful spirit that was there. Mel - you are an inspired soul and I'm so thankful for you!!
Post a Comment